Royal Mail Class 1 Assessment

Have any of you guys taken the Royal Mail Class 1 driving assessment and if so what does it involve?

Have one coming up and understand it takes 4 hours!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Probably 3 hours of that involves team building exercises and questionnaires to find out what type of vegetables you like.

adam277:
Probably 3 hours of that involves team building exercises and questionnaires to find out what type of vegetables you like.

Nice one. Should be a long drawn out affair…

4 HOURS ■■?..sounds like theyre gonna give you a delivery…ha ha

Which Depot?

I did it at Normanton recently pretty standard stuff to be honest

Usual H & S stuff fire assembly points, first aid room that kind of thing.

Questionnaire on regs, wtd etc then a uncouple/recouple reverse on a bay and then a 40 min drive.

Think the guy that does it at Normanton was called Darren he was sound to be fair.

This short video shows how you are expected to behave on the road follow closely and you’re a shoe in.

youtu.be/kpKcklAq-_A

sck04560:
Have any of you guys taken the Royal Mail Class 1 driving assessment and if so what does it involve?

Have one coming up and understand it takes 4 hours!

I had one yesterday. Basically their traffic manager will go through the company’s policies with you from a big chart up on the wall – all the usual stuff, health and safety and what-not – and then you’ll do a multi-choice test which takes up 2 sides of A4. Then you’ll be taken out on an assessment which involves coupling, putting the trailer into a bay (which may be a tight right-angled reverse) and then a brief road drive which may be only about 5 miles or so (mine was from the Woking depot out to the 6-way roundabout, up the A320 to the McClaren roundabout and then back the way I came, put the trailer into another bay, decouple and that’s it). It probably won’t be 4 hours. You’ll need a ‘class 3’ yellow jacket to work on Royal Mail sites (not the usual yellow waistcoat but one with sleeves).

You won’t have the usual sign, stopping distance and route-planning test that you have to take with agencies and so on.

donk1889:
Which Depot?

I did it at Normanton recently pretty standard stuff to be honest

Usual H & S stuff fire assembly points, first aid room that kind of thing.

Questionnaire on regs, wtd etc then a uncouple/recouple reverse on a bay and then a 40 min drive.

Think the guy that does it at Normanton was called Darren he was sound to be fair.

I did the Normanton one last November. piece of ■■■■ to complete.

Never got any work though as the agency AS&T were lying ■■■■■■■■ and Keely never offered me any work