Heights and Weights on Google Maps

Got the heights on Google Maps, which is ultra handy considering that GMs is the best for mapping and live traffic, but any idea if same exists for weights? Ta!!

google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe … 52378&z=11

how do you get the bridge heights on google please :confused:

I do not know about weights but not all low bridges are identified, a very useful tool though, I know its the old way but the paper map by the camping and caravanning club does heights, widths, and weights, plus some campsites will let you park a unit for much less than your average MSA or truck park with normally clean warm showers and toilets thrown in, as well as food near bye or on site. ideal if you can ditch the trailer at your last or next drop, maybe a lay bye if its empty and you have a hitch lock.

Just beware of it. It’s missing an 11ft bridge by me so who knows what else it’s missing.

toonsy:
Just beware of it. It’s missing an 11ft bridge by me so who knows what else it’s missing.

Where’s that ?

Mill Rd, Rugby. It’s a main route through town which car sat navs use happily but there’s at least five or more trucks that fall foul of it every day.

There’ll be more. I’ll bet most on here will know a low bridge that’s not listed on there.

You can’t beat a truckers atlas on this I’m afraid. My satnav ain’t let me down yet but I still always cross reference it against the stlas before I set off.

GMW492:
how do you get the bridge heights on google please :confused:

If your using a smart phone ? This is what I did .
I clicked the share tab ,send as sms to my own number , klicked the link and it opened it up in google maps [emoji106]

toonsy:

Yep, few missing round Glasgow way too. Not only that, it’s invented a bridge that doesn’t exist, and never has! :confused:

If you want bridge heights and weight limits, get a bloody Phillips Navigator truckers map and be done with it!

I’ve found a few missing too, I think this has been put together by some regular guy (as in not an official body) so expect there to be many possible errors and inconsistencies compared to the proper time proven paper trucker atlases, in other words you’ll need to apply caution when using this the same as you should with any trucking satnav, always confirm your route with an up to date truckers atlas first!