Skeletal trailers

Is there a guide online that I can view to learn how to use them? Been shown once before, release pins and extend, but can’t remember procedure.

It’s all about hands on and the destructions should be written on the trailer somewhere chap, but I had to lean by just playing with the bloody thing and as long as you know what pin positions for the container your going to carry there’s not much in it really…

Pawuk:
It’s all about hands on and the destructions should be written on the trailer somewhere chap, but I had to lean by just playing with the bloody thing and as long as you know what pin positions for the container your going to carry there’s not much in it really…

I know I will be able to figure it out, eventually, just like to know what I’m doing.

romik:
Is there a guide online that I can view to learn how to use them? Been shown once before, release pins and extend, but can’t remember procedure.

As with every kind of trailer in this game, the arsing around is usually figuring out the particular location and type of buttons, valves, and control panels on a given trailer, all of which are wantonly non-standard.

youtube.com/watch?v=AuDx2SM4jsw

Depends on trailer model

For example in the skelly i use theres 2 adapters
for your red suzy to connect to on the neck of trailer

1 for normal driving to supply air to trailer and release brakes
Another to supply air to locking pins to release them

On my sliding skelly there are 4 positions ABCD
First you check what position you need for the size of container. for example on the skelly i use

A is shortened for emptying 20 ft boxes, not advised to drive in this position
B is 30ft boxes
C is for 20ft and 45ft running
D is for 40ft and (2x20ft) running

There will usually be a diagram on trailer of which twistlocks to use

Connect red suzy to locking pins connecter on the neck of trailer

Press button on side of trailer that releases locking pins
Drive forward/ reverse to slide skelly into position
Pull locking pins button
Check pins are aligned in the holes, if going into b or c
You can get near enough and move truck until you hear the pins pop in

Disconnect red suzy and put it back onto the air supply for trailer and off you go.
If you have a more modern skelly it may work like this:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDx2SM4jsw

Hope that helps
FlyinTDI

How do you release pins into position required? ABCD

After the red line is connected to the second adapter at the neck of trailer,
You just press the locking pins button
This retracts the pins
You move the truck forwards/backwards
And pull the same button to lock the pins into the holes
Then put red line back onto the normal adapter for the trailer

FlyinTDI:
After the red line is connected to the second adapter at the neck of trailer,
You just press the locking pins button
This retracts the pins
You move the truck forwards/backwards
And pull the same button to lock the pins into the holes
Then put red line back onto the normal adapter for the trailer

So are there just 2 positions, extended and retracted? If there are more than 2 positions, then how do you know when to stop for pins to be alligned?

romik:
If there are more than 2 positions, then how do you know when to stop for pins to be alligned?

Get
Out
And
Look

Should`nt your employer be telling you how its all done ?

They have a duty of care, and there should be some form of “instruction” and a signing off ceremony :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

They have a duty of care, and there should be some form of “instruction” and a signing off ceremony :wink:

There was all that, but the amount of info was too much to sink in, obviously I will be asking them again prior to doing anything stupid :slight_smile:

romik:

Stanley Mitchell:

There was all that, but the amount of info was too much to sink in, obviously I will be asking them again prior to doing anything stupid :slight_smile:

Gotcha…

Its pretty straightforward as the others have said, and every trailer has a diagram on the side to help, unless the paintjob has gone over it :open_mouth:

On the boxes, I`ve found 99% of drivers will help you if you get into a pickle, its goes with the territory, we have all been there before :wink:

Nice one, thanks.