2 year jail for Romanian truck driver

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … t-nav.html

Doesnt DBDD normally carry 5 years minimum in the UK??

Got two years so he will serve 12 months, ie 26 weeks for each death ■■? British justice is nothing but one big ■■■■■■ joke !! :unamused:

AndrewG:

Senior judjges === Senile, dementia suffering, doddering out of touch ole fools with reality, thinking of their House of Lords expenses rip off when they gets there …

I’m sure the two victims family and friends will feel that sentence totally makes up for the loss of their loved ones lives… :confused:

raymundo:
Got two years so he will serve 12 months, ie 26 weeks for each death ■■? British justice is nothing but one big [zb] joke !! :unamused:

+1. Embarrassing.

He admitted in court he was distracted by his sat nav as he answered to two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, the force said.

I wonder if the sat nav happened to be on his phone or tablet :question:

Disgusting, I really feel for the families.

raymundo:
Got two years so he will serve 12 months, ie 26 weeks for each death ■■? British justice is nothing but one big [zb] joke !! :unamused:

He won’t even do 12 months, he’ll be out on tag within 9. Maybe even less.

AndrewG:

Minimum 1 year, maximum 14 years.

He’s also granted a 33% discount in his sentence for admitting his guilt at the first opportunity.

Romanian Traian Soare was driving a lorry downhill along the A2 in Dover towards the docks just before midnight on July 2 when he veered into the opposite lane.

He crashed into a black Nissan Qashqai travelling towards him, killing 29-year-old Artem Larionov and his passenger, 38-year-old Nikita Tsirelson, both from Canterbury.

The prosecutor said the accident happened at 11.54pm on July 2 and was witnessed by two police firearms officers on duty.
They were following the Romanian-registered lorry

Maybe there is a bit more to this than meets the eye ?

Should be reported to the NASWA without delay

manski:
The prosecutor said the accident happened at 11.54pm on July 2 and was witnessed by two police firearms officers on duty.

Your tin foil hat is on too tight, plenty of armed police on the roads at all times, doesn’t mean anything.

del trotter:

manski:

Your tin foil hat is on too tight, plenty of armed police on the roads at all times, doesn’t mean anything.

This. Especially near a major exit/entry port

Sloppy reporting, I think. I suspect what the reporter meant to say was that they were behind the Romanian lorry. ‘Following’ means something rather different.

Probably a better life in prison than having his liberty at home, Be better sent to his own country to serve his sentence.

TommyTanker:
Probably a better life in prison than having his liberty at home, Be better sent to his own country to serve his sentence.

Which he wont then serve. RO/BG are well known for releasing prisoners early for this type of offence if brought to justice elsewhere…