Stereotypical drivers

I’ve been with this Dutch firm for nearly a year now, and during that time, I’ve managed to identify several typical drivers. They’re almost like Mr Men characters.

Mr ‘Blingit’ He’s the driver who’s added bits to his allocated truck. The bosses are too down to earth to customize any of their trucks so this driver has dipped into his own pocket to buy stuff. He’s got loud truck horns that he likes to blast at any opportunity. Very bright red cab lighting that he’s installed, and the obligatory curtains. Also, a light bar with a few spots and MAN stickers everywhere.

Mr ‘Moany’ As the name suggests, he will moan about anything and everything and is quite depressing to be around. Thankfully, he moans mostly in Dutch so I don’t understand, but the other drivers sometimes translate his woes to me.

Mr ‘Nosey’ He’s the one that will hang around the office, nosing at everyone’s worksheets to see what they are doing compared to him.

Mr ‘Rushit’ He’s the one that rushes around all day like he’s constantly playing catch up. He can’t sit still while being loaded or unloaded, and is constantly checking his watch. Rushes through his trailer changes and likes to help with yours so you can do yours quicker, completely upsetting your trailer change routine. He’s a prime example for a heart attack.

Mr ‘Yo Bro’ He’s the kid on the firm. Always playing rap music loudly in his cab. He’ll come storming into an RDC in his truck and try to do a high speed reverse onto a bay to show off that he can. It doesn’t always work though, as he misjudged it once and took out the side of one of our MAN’s with his trailer tail swing.

Mr ‘Odball’ He’s the one driver you don’t want to get sat next to in a driver waiting room. He’s also made it clear he doesn’t like a British driver on the firm and I’ve had one or two run in’s with him. The other drivers say just to ignore him as he’s a bit odd.

Mr ‘Angry’ He’s the foreman driver believe it or not, and does the odd assessment. However, he’s also got the worst road rage I’ve seen. Rode out with him once to learn a route and he’d blasted his horn at three different cars within the first ten minutes. After several more episodes of tail gating and bullying, I was glad to get out eventually.

Finally, there is a guy who is not agency, but a driver for one of the subbies that pull our trailers. I saw him go to his car once. He was wearing a grubby high vis which is unusual for Dutch drivers, he had a bluetooth ear piece, he was carrying his stuff in a Zeeman carrier bag which is a cheap store in Holland, and blow me if he didn’t have a slight limp going on. He ticked all the boxes. Couldn’t believe it.

citycat:
I’ve been with this Dutch firm for nearly a year now, and during that time, I’ve managed to identify several typical drivers. They’re almost like Mr Men characters.

Mr ‘Blingit’ He’s the driver who’s added bits to his allocated truck. The bosses are too down to earth to customize any of their trucks so this driver has dipped into his own pocket to buy stuff. He’s got loud truck horns that he likes to blast at any opportunity. Very bright red cab lighting that he’s installed, and the obligatory curtains. Also, a light bar with a few spots and MAN stickers everywhere.

Mr ‘Moany’ As the name suggests, he will moan about anything and everything and is quite depressing to be around. Thankfully, he moans mostly in Dutch so I don’t understand, but the other drivers sometimes translate his woes to me.

Mr ‘Nosey’ He’s the one that will hang around the office, nosing at everyone’s worksheets to see what they are doing compared to him.

Mr ‘Rushit’ He’s the one that rushes around all day like he’s constantly playing catch up. He can’t sit still while being loaded or unloaded, and is constantly checking his watch. Rushes through his trailer changes and likes to help with yours so you can do yours quicker, completely upsetting your trailer change routine. He’s a prime example for a heart attack.

Mr ‘Yo Bro’ He’s the kid on the firm. Always playing rap music loudly in his cab. He’ll come storming into an RDC in his truck and try to do a high speed reverse onto a bay to show off that he can. It doesn’t always work though, as he misjudged it once and took out the side of one of our MAN’s with his trailer tail swing.

Mr ‘Odball’ He’s the one driver you don’t want to get sat next to in a driver waiting room. He’s also made it clear he doesn’t like a British driver on the firm and I’ve had one or two run in’s with him. The other drivers say just to ignore him as he’s a bit odd.

Mr ‘Angry’ He’s the foreman driver believe it or not, and does the odd assessment. However, he’s also got the worst road rage I’ve seen. Rode out with him once to learn a route and he’d blasted his horn at three different cars within the first ten minutes. After several more episodes of tail gating and bullying, I was glad to get out eventually.

Finally, there is a guy who is not agency, but a driver for one of the subbies that pull our trailers. I saw him go to his car once. He was wearing a grubby high vis which is unusual for Dutch drivers, he had a bluetooth ear piece, he was carrying his stuff in a Zeeman carrier bag which is a cheap store in Holland, and blow me if he didn’t have a slight limp going on. He ticked all the boxes. Couldn’t believe it.

Are you sure you don’t work for a British haulier as that sums up most firms to a tee [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

blue estate:

citycat:

Are you sure you don’t work for a British haulier as that sums up most firms to a tee [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Nope, I’m definitely this side of the North sea and the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Does the moany one have years of service at the same firm?

There’s a guy at my place who I swear if he fell through the roof of a fanny factory he’d complain it’s too moist.

I was already warned he moans a lot so sure enough the other day we were talking and he starting getting on his soapbox about how every part of the company is rubbish and always has been and so on. I asked if he’d been here long and he replied “eleven years” :unamused:

Think you’ll find that sums up a lot of firms, we dont have a Mr Blingit as the company blings all the units to the nines anyway and no Mr Yo as they wont take on anyone with less than ten years experience but most of the others are there probably except Mr Angry, that’ll be Pablo our security man c/w one very fierce dog… :grimacing:

citycat:

Some people have no class.
A Zeemans bag ffs . Blokker is the way to go.

You’ve missed out
Mr Elevenerife
He’s the one that’s done everyone better than everyone else,been everywhere before everyone else ,got into drops no one else could do…and when you tell him you’re off to Tenerife for your holidays he will tell you he has already booked to go Elevenerife :smiley:

AndrewG:
Think you’ll find that sums up a lot of firms, we dont have a Mr Blingit as the company blings all the units to the nines anyway and no Mr Yo as they wont take on anyone with less than ten years experience but most of the others are there probably except Mr Angry, that’ll be Pablo our security man c/w one very fierce dog… :grimacing:

10 years hgv or general driving experience ?!

Pretty much got 90% of these people at the firm i work for [emoji108][emoji23] brilliant

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

You have omitted Mr Smelly who has an allergy to hot water, soap and B.O spray.
When he leaves the cab with the odour of stale sweet , you get in and the dead badger smell goes on you too.

Mr Been There And Done It and Got The Tee-shirt .
He has done the Middle East when you were still in your Dads bag.
Single handedly disarmed 12 Gendarmes who pinned him against the trailer .

Got shot at by the Taliban and Al Queada in the desert in a Morrison’s day cab with no bunk .

Mr Dobuin , he will Dob you in to the TM or MD as carries their golf caddy for them, you can’t miss him , as brown fudge on his long nose .

Mr Yo-Bro…he went past me once when I was parked in a layby waiting to go into a builders merchants. This kiddo tore in uninvited at warp speed and screwed round at the same rate.

The red line parted and he was marooned right in the centre of the yard with trucks everywhere trying to load/unload. Including me.

Yard foreman was NOT impressed one bit.

Nice going, Dude.

TommyTanker:

AndrewG:

10 years international experience…

Socketset:
Mr Yo-Bro…he went past me once when I was parked in a layby waiting to go into a builders merchants. This kiddo tore in uninvited at warp speed and screwed round at the same rate.

The red line parted and he was marooned right in the centre of the yard with trucks everywhere trying to load/unload. Including me.

Nice going, Dude.

was it him?

youtube.com/watch?v=UeX5rHSnNNA

or him?
youtube.com/watch?v=1p9p6gu3cNA

or him?

AndrewG:

TommyTanker:

AndrewG:

10 years international experience…

Stop showing off Andrew, no one likes to hear of anyone doing better than themselves. :wink:

dieseldog999:

Socketset:

Nice going, Dude.

was it him?

or him?

or him?

Theres a driver at our place with an R620 who does a take on this sometimes on a sunday afternoon when the office is closed, he doesnt need much encouragement… :grimacing:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWPPGjuh-vk&t=122s

what about Mr Bollux?

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Socketset:

Nice going, Dude.

was it him?

or him?

or him?

Theres a driver at our place with an R620 who does a take on this sometimes on a sunday afternoon when the office is closed, he doesnt need much encouragement… :grimacing:

if you got it,flaunt it :wink:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Socketset:

Nice going, Dude.

was it him?

or him?

or him?

if you got it,flaunt it :wink:

Can you imagine taking it just a little bit too far and turning it on its side and having to explain that one monday morning? :grimacing:

What about
“Mr ■■■■■■ up”■■?

He’s the one who churns perm about getting the “8dropper” every trip but when he gets a 1hitter he churns about
“What did I do to be taken off the 8dropper load”!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

What about the one who likes to tell anyone who’ll listen he’s the bosses best friend. I’ve met so many of these