Over worked and under paid Council worker JOB - Midlands

Fill your boots gentlemen and ladies.

https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/25414/warehouse-assistant-driver/

truckerjimbo:

Says warehouse person but you could be out collecting bins as well , so add should say general dogs body in a nice area of west midlands :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

truckerjimbo:

Says warehouse person but you could be out collecting bins as well , so add should say general dogs body in a nice area of west midlands :laughing: :laughing:

Says LGV C licence required.

truckerjimbo:

blue estate:

truckerjimbo:

Says LGV C licence required.

Hence the waste collections

The successful applicants will work as part of a team in a busy work environment to carry out warehouse and driver related tasks including material delivery and waste collections. This will involve a high percentage of manual handling tasks.

We particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities as they are currently under represented.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Theyre asking for LGV plus Hiab cert. Seems a lot of qualification. Job description says collecting and delivering building materials. But they only want 37 hours a week. And you can bet theyll not be asking anyone to do anything “off the card” or anything remotely dodgy. Manual handling? I spect thatll be true, but I doubt youll be handling kerbstones two at a time. Its a council: wont be too well paid, but youll not be raising a sweat doing it, or risking your licence, or having idiot managers breathing down your neck I`d think.

When I worked on the council it was job and knock.
Not paid well but hours were good. Might suit someone who doesn’t want to do 50+ hours a week.
Also over worked council worker■■? That’s an oxymoron.

Franglais:
Manual handling? I spect thatll be true, but I doubt youll be handling kerbstones two at a time. Its a council: wont be too well paid, but youll not be raising a sweat doing it, or risking your licence, or having idiot managers breathing down your neck I`d think.

Handball ten 2x2 slabs. PMSL :smiley: :smiley:

Franglais:
Its a council: wont be too well paid, but youll not be raising a sweat doing it, or having idiot managers breathing down your neck Id think.

Didn’t know councils were still even using direct labour in manual jobs.But let’s just say that in my experience they are some of the worst for wanting 10 hours worth of work done in 8 hours for 6 hours worth of pay.Especially when you’re lumbered with a day of doing ‘depot duties’.That was in the case of a job described as just driver. :open_mouth:

Wouldn’t even go near anything described as a labourer/‘driver’.I’d leave it for the East Euros with their supposed ‘better work ethic’ they’ll obviously be queuing up to take it. :bulb: :unamused:

adam277:
When I worked on the council it was job and knock.
Not paid well but hours were good. Might suit someone who doesn’t want to do 50+ hours a week.
Also over worked council worker■■? That’s an oxymoron.

Borough not County ?.

I can remember a spoof notice pinned on an office wall.It was a cartoon of someone arriving at the pearly gates and says I was working for Surrey County Council and didn’t reach retirement.The gates are then opened saying enter my son you’ve had your share of hell. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Never known so many averse to a bit of manual labour. Lift and carry! Keeps your biceps/tri’s/ obliques/ abs/quads/glutes/lats and pecs in shape! Gets the blood flowing, keeps you fit and healthy… :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:
Never known so many averse to a bit of manual labour. Lift and carry! Keeps your biceps/tri’s/ obliques/ abs/quads/glutes/lats and pecs in shape! Gets the blood flowing, keeps you fit and healthy… :stuck_out_tongue:

I handballed 8t of plasterboard the other day. Was either that or wait for the site FLT to be repaired. So I hanballed for the exercise the used the time I would have had to wait for the FLT to be fixed to recuperate in a layby :laughing:

AndrewG:

I agree, in a job in which your health can suffer, a bit of handball is a good thing imo. Saves paying gym fees and as you say, gets the heart pumping a bit more.

“We particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities as they are currently under represented.”
So if you are a white middle aged fella, you might not get the job if someone less suited but ticks more boxes applies, criminal!

TommyTanker:
“We particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities as they are currently under represented.”
So if you are a white middle aged fella, you might not get the job if someone less suited but ticks more boxes applies, criminal!

So a one legged Syrian lesbian single mum, is the ideal candidate then, after 6months claims ■■■■■■ harrasment, and this has stressed her,already terrible situation, and gets a £100k pay-out, takes early retirement on a full pension.

biggriffin:

TommyTanker:

So a one legged Syrian lesbian single mum, is the ideal candidate then, after 6months claims ■■■■■■ harrasment, and this has stressed her,already terrible situation, and gets a £100k pay-out, takes early retirement on a full pension.

They would only get the job if they had a LGV & hiab licence. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TommyTanker:

If the white middle aged fella ticked the boxes of LGV C & hiab licence then they would get a bigger tick in the right boxes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TommyTanker:

I have the misfortune to be governed by this shower of clowns :smiling_imp:
Not quite “loony left”…but heading that way :unamused:

We should swamp them with applications as disabled pakistani women. All of us! Except one, who should apply as a 43 year old ex military white male who is an amatuer boxing champ fitness fanatic.

Iam all in favour of getting slaves ,sorry drivers I mean :laughing: working for less but it’s not like you even get some decent hours in ,also I think they mean Dcpc not cpc as if that was correct the candidate would be transport manager too :unamused: