Referral scheme

My firm has just put up posters for a new, improved deal. Recommend a friend to come and drive for us and you get a fat wedge of cash.

So, would you do this?

NO he or she might be a friend,but their work history could be pathetic,anything goes wrong and you get the agro for recommending

lolipop:
NO he or she might be a friend,but their work history could be pathetic,anything goes wrong and you get the agro for recommending

That’s why you only recommend people you trust?

It works well at our place. Very well.

It’s considered a dismissable offence to post a vacancy on the Job Centre website & the advertising market is sooo saturated these days that the quality drivers have mostly turned away from them. We don’t use agancies in any capacity, but even when you ‘try before you buy’ & take one on for 13wks, you only tend to get the sort of quality that can only work for agencies, the job hoppers, the alky’s & the Bridgitte’s :slight_smile:

Biggest earner’s of the introduction bonus at our place are the lads on the tyre fitters we use, we have several father & son drivers + a couple who are brothers. One recent starter bought 5 of his mates in from a tipper Co’.

As a company we’re expanding in a boom market, don’t know the exact figure but I’m told we have a staff retention figure that most Co’s running the “burn 'em out, pay 'em next to nowt, easy come & easy go” business model could only dream for.

If the company is one of the better ones they should in theory already have drivers who appreciate what they have and do everything they can, go the extra mile as it were, to make it all work so the job lasts for ever.
Sensible existing employees will only recommend those who they trust and who will be good for the company, competence attitude etc, only a half wit would recommend another HW.

Like thousands of others over the years i’ve recommended and had good people taken on, those i worked with for years on end, no money for it and i wouldn’t really want it to be honest, but times and people have changed, it would cost the company time and money otherwise to recruit so makes sense for the most critical of recruiters, lorry drivers judging other lorry drivers, to do the initial wheat/chaff sorting for them, usually cost effective for the company.