Lorry driver froze to death in fridge trailer

Horrible.

A lorry driver froze to death inside his refrigerated trailer after becoming trapped between two pallets, an inquest has heard.

Father-of-three Mariusz Jastrzebski, 30, was working on his truck’s freezer unit in a layby off the A20 when he fell from a height of six feet.

The Polish driver – who was due to deliver to the Ardo UK company in Charing – got wedged between the pallets, which were full of frozen strawberries.

kentonline.co.uk/ashford/new … th-135441/

Tragedy for the guy and his loved ones.

What sort of work would anyone need to do on the internal side of a reefer unit? Serious situation. Serious question.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

i wonder why my strawberries tasted a bit funny recently…anyway…silly thing to do…try and repair a fridge unit…when a telephone call would have called someone out…although no doubt they would want the trailer empty…r.i.p. driver.

Who the hell thought it wise to put up a story with fridge in the title? This thread will end up with 74 pages and use lots of big words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont worry H…he will be along shortly…may even tell us what went wrong. :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Who the hell thought it wise to put up a story with fridge in the title? This thread will end up with 74 pages and use lots of big words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet I can get it to double that … it was in one of the lay-bys that Ashford council banned overnite parking in…RIP Driver

truckyboy:
Dont worry H…he will be along shortly…may even tell us what went wrong. :smiley: :smiley:

Just on 2 hours since you posted that and he aint appeared yet, must be doing a Carryfast on it and researching the internet for responces … :slight_smile:

Talk about ’ fruits of your labour ’ :open_mouth:

An avoidable tragedy I am afraid to say. Poor sod was just doing a job and ends up frozen. This is the dangers that we elite fridge men face on a daily basis. It is obvious from this case and with many other deaths that occur within freezers from the unwary and the untrained, it should be a company policy that no one enters a freezer without a second man on the outside. Now I have faced a fair few near death experiences within freezers with temps down to -60 deg C. People just do not understand the hidden dangers of rapid cold temps. I have seen fit healthy men drop dead through going in with empty stomachs as they did not know they should have eaten first. I once broke my Ankle when I was inside a blast freezer in Libya which could have easily ended in tragedy. As the ambulance crew were bringing me out on a stretcher, I didn’t know how bad my injuries were, I said if I am in such a state just leave me to freeze as it would be less painful for me. Any fridge man’s wish would be to be frozen to death, it would be an honor. However this chap was not a fridge man so it is just tragic. Such an avoidable accident, hopefully someone may learn a lesson from this which could prevent someone else from suffering the same fate, I doubt it though, this is more common than people think.

UKtramp:
An avoidable tragedy I am afraid to say. Poor sod was just doing a job and ends up frozen. This is the dangers that we elite fridge men face on a daily basis. It is obvious from this case and with many other deaths that occur within freezers from the unwary and the untrained, it should be a company policy that no one enters a freezer without a second man on the outside. Now I have faced a fair few near death experiences within freezers with temps down to -60 deg C. People just do not understand the hidden dangers of rapid cold temps. I have seen fit healthy men drop dead through going in with empty stomachs as they did not know they should have eaten first. I once broke my Ankle when I was inside a blast freezer in Libya which could have easily ended in tragedy. As the ambulance crew were bringing me out on a stretcher, I didn’t know how bad my injuries were, I said if I am in such a state just leave me to freeze as it would be less painful for me. Any fridge man’s wish would be to be frozen to death, it would be an honor. However this chap was not a fridge man so it is just tragic. Such an avoidable accident, hopefully someone may learn a lesson from this which could prevent someone else from suffering the same fate, I doubt it though, this is more common than people think.

I was the first onto the balcony during the Iranian Embassy siege. :wink:

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

I was the first onto the balcony during the Iranian Embassy siege. :wink:

Iran is a couple of thousand miles away from Libya Harry. Similar distance from London too. :wink:

I too would be interested to know what he could have been doing to the fridge from inside. It was obviously still working because it was at -18 the following day. I wonder if he had something hidden in there?

Santa:
I too would be interested to know what he could have been doing to the fridge from inside. It was obviously still working because it was at -18 the following day. I wonder if he had something hidden in there?

Something doesn’t add up as the trailer was loaded so can only access the rear evap unless he had something hidden in there

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I see no reason why he would be in the back of the unit, something suggests up to no good otherwise why and in a layby? Only a fridge man should go into the back of a freezer unit unattended, simple as.

UKtramp:
An avoidable tragedy I am afraid to say.

No s**t Sherlock…

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

No s**t Sherlock…

Tea… Keyboard… [zb] you Vernon :imp: :laughing:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

No s**t Sherlock…

Alright saying that isn’t it. It isn’t that obvious or you wouldn’t see this happening quite regularly. Still I suppose you have pulled a fridge for Virginia, yawn, so makes you an expert no doubt.

Reef:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

No s**t Sherlock…

Tea… Keyboard… [zb] you Vernon :imp: :laughing:

:wink:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

No s**t Sherlock…

Alright saying that isn’t it. It isn’t that obvious or you wouldn’t see this happening quite regularly. Still I suppose you have pulled a fridge for Virginia, yawn, so makes you an expert no doubt.

You really don’t need to be an expert in anything at all to realize that falling, getting trapped between two pallets and freezing to death is avoidable even if only by not actually getting into the trailer. So yes, fairly obvious. :wink:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

No s**t Sherlock…

You really don’t need to be an expert in anything at all to realize that falling, getting trapped between two pallets and freezing to death is avoidable even if only by not actually getting into the trailer. So yes, fairly obvious. :wink:

Not looking for an argument here Luke, but although I see what your driving at, it really isn’t that obvious or people simply wouldn’t go into the back of a fridge unit on their own and in a secluded place, he did. Plenty do which is even more frightening, so my point is, it should be told and a written policy that under no circumstance should a driver enter a fridge unit alone. He got trapped by falling, that isn’t the only danger when faced with freezing environments. He could have died by countless other reasons in a freezer trailer. No need to have fallen in order to meet his maker.