Fifth Wheel

Was using someones else Unit the other day and noticed the fifth wheel was flat/leaning forward slightly. My unit and all others I have used all tend to be angled so it goes under the trailer but this one seemed wrong. I had to drop the air from trailer and pitch the nose up to get under. I couldn’t see any advantage to having it tilted the wrong way. Or am I missing something? I didn’t know how to alter the angle and it wasn’t my unit so I just left it how I found it.

It stays flat when you drop all the air out of the unit when pulling from under the trailer, the correct way of doing it. You could of pushed it back down by hand

Night-and-day:
It stays flat when you drop all the air out of the unit when pulling from under the trailer, the correct way of doing it. You could of pushed it back down by hand

Push the fifth wheel down by hand? Just think about that for a minute… :unamused:

It’ll sort itself out as soon as you lift a trailer, if it really concerns you use a crowbar or something like that to lift it up from the nose. Personally wouldn’t bother.

A.

Adonis.:
Push the fifth wheel down by hand? Just think about that for a minute… :unamused:

Use release handle to lift front of it up.

Maybe needs some WD40…real drivers always carry a can. :smiley:

truckyboy:

Drivers always carry THE can.
For everything.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Adonis.:

Night-and-day:

Take your own advice :unamused:

Conor:

See, someone who did “think about it” and probably in a lot less time than a minute… :wink:

You have got a broken leaf spring on your roof spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long you have been driving that you have never seen it or had it happen before :question:
I would think most Drivers have seen it at some point, looked at it and popped it back up by putting a bar or abit of scaffold under it to save getting grease on their hands

Or climb on the catwalk and get your toe under the front edge

Reef:

Adonis.:

Night-and-day:

Conor:

See, someone who did “think about it” and probably in a lot less time than a minute… :wink:

Using a handle to lift isn’t pushing by hand.

Go shift that pallet by hand using a forklift, that’s your logic? :unamused:

A.

Adonis.:

Reef:

Adonis.:

Night-and-day:

Conor:

Using a handle to lift isn’t pushing by hand.

Go shift that pallet by hand using a forklift, that’s your logic? :unamused:

A.

Sure, whatever.

Big ■■■ grown men arguing over semantics…

As Duncan Bannatyne would say, I’m out!

[quote="Reef

Sure, whatever.

As Duncan Bannatyne would say, I’m out![/quote]
Cheers, dits.

A.

Reef:
Sure, whatever.

As Duncan Bannatyne would say, I’m out!

Sorry to be pedantic about semantics but Duncan would actually say “am oot” not I’m out… :slight_smile:

truckyboy:

and a roll of gaffer tape!
If it moves but shouldn’t - gaffer tape
If it doesn’t move but should - WD40
[emoji362]