Maritime worst ever

Maritime are the worst company I have ever driven for.
Run by kids and they treat you like dirt where max hours are demanded and breaks on the bay are expected.
All drivers in all depots can’t wait to leave.
If your looking for a new job avoid Maritime like the plague otherwise you’ll regret it.

Breaks on the bay… You poor precious thing.
There is me getting ■■■■■ splitting and handballing pallets on my break. Glad to know some have it worse.

Tbh if you go work for a large faceless company you cant complain when they expect max hours.

Breaks on a bay/loading/handballing whatever, can be to your advantage saving time.Its not compulsory to sit in the cab doing nothing. Ill rebuild a tilt/hook up, check over, have a wash and a cup of tea on break before leaving, a mixture but no harm done. As for maxing hours, comes with the territory sometimes unfortunately…

I never had any problem booking a break whilst sat on a bay, or whilst unloading if it was at my advantage to do so.
Although I’d always make it up later with interest when it was more convenient.

You made an identical post over 2 months ago, just bloody leave already & stop bleating :unamused:

Break on a bay expected?
My god its like Victorian London. How are people expected to put up with such draconian conditions.

TBH though, sitting on a bay for 3 hours then pulling off and taking an hours break is taking the ■■■■

The-Snowman:
Break on a bay expected?
My god its like Victorian London. How are people expected to put up with such draconian conditions.

TBH though, sitting on a bay for 3 hours then pulling off and taking an hours break is taking the ■■■■

Well, I suppose that depends on whether the customer is prepared to bring you a nice hot cooked meal while you are taking your break on their bay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

The-Snowman:
Break on a bay expected?

Well, I suppose that depends on whether the customer is prepared to bring you a nice hot cooked meal while you are taking your break on their bay. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a point Harry. Given good facilities, and being told you’re gonna be there a long while, book a break. If you’re told “only be about 5 minutes driver”, and you’re in a locked compound or a dreaded RDC waiting room, then you’re not free to dispose of your time freely and so, would IMHO be justified in taking a proper break later.

Edit. Typos

The-Snowman:
Break on a bay expected?

If you’ve sat in most of the UKs RDC waiting rooms for 3 hours, you need a break to recuperate from the experience.

Re: Are Agency drivers as bad as this at other places?
Unread postby Dr Damon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:58 pm

I think you will find drivers, agency or not, good and bad. Some of the clowns on here want to always put agency drivers down for some stupid reason.
They got their licence from the same place as everyone else.
It’s down to the individual driver but TBH there are far too many bad ones around these days. It makes you wonder how they got a licence then again the test being so easy and the modern vehicles so easy to drive everything falls into place.

Exactly H…if theres no facilities…i will pull out and get something to eat…why should a driver have to go without his food…just to please the boss…we all have to eat to survive…but its a regular occurance…as for maritime, or any company for that matter, now and again may be ok…but its a drivers choice…if hes not unloading then by all means put it on break…if its other work…NO, unless you can get away with it for your own convenience not theirs…and maxing out is not for me…reduced rests too…but thats how the industry is…unless drivers say NO…it will keep happening.

rob22888:
You made an identical post over 2 months ago, just bloody leave already & stop bleating :unamused:

Oddly enough, the same poster claimed in May last year that he had “recently quit” Maritime at Northampton (with some similar drivel about how they were the worst firm out there), then a few weeks later he was asking what their pay rates were for 4 on, 4 off…

They are no better or worse than all the other general haulage bellends.

Technically if vosa was to visit a site and your in your cab whilst being tipped and on a break would you be breaking the law ?

thetastytrucker:
Technically if vosa was to visit a site and your in your cab whilst being tipped and on a break would you be breaking the law ?

No because youre on break, the fork cabbage is doing the work…

AndrewG:

thetastytrucker:

No because youre on break, the fork cabbage is doing the work…

Close the thread then lol

adam277:
There is me getting ■■■■■ splitting and handballing pallets on my break. Glad to know some have it worse.

Tbh if you go work for a large faceless company you cant complain when they expect max hours.

If you’re daft enough to work through your break mate you deserve everything you get. :unamused:

thetastytrucker:

Why? Putting it on break and helping with the curtains, pallet truck or whatever is other work. Sat in your cab having a drink whilst others unload you is a break.

Sand Fisher:

thetastytrucker:

Why? Putting it on break and helping with the curtains, pallet truck or whatever is other work. Sat in your cab having a drink whilst others unload you is a break.

But whilst on ya break ya truck is loaded and you are asked to move off bay ? technically you are available for work

robroy:

adam277:

If you’re daft enough to work through your break mate you deserve everything you get. :unamused:

Massive +1 on that

Is it only drivers this side of the channel who would nit pick over this kind of stuff? Is it only the UK authorities who would make it an issue worth prosecuting?