Maritime worst ever

Roymondo:

robroy:

Juddian:

steelgoon:

Yeh a classic example of turning the tables… by using a scheme designed to look as if we are working neo sensible hours when we are in reality getting shafted, to turning it to your advantage. :sunglasses:

I find myself being obliged to record POA now, as the company are sending us out double-manned to “train up” some new (to us) drivers. It causes some amusement in the office as I hand in a printout at the end of the day correcting the POA recorded by the tachograph to Other Work. The reason I do this is that I am salaried and don’t relish the idea of being expected to cover longer runs in the future due to my “working hours” being lower than my colleagues…

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hmm, we too are salaried but we give our own WTD sheets in, so even if we are sat beside a trainee (not often for me as it happens, which suits me fine) as far as the company is concerned we’re still totting up working hours, and POA isn’t recognised here anyway.

I wonder if there would be any point in us doing the same as you, VOSA wouldn’t be bothered cos we run well within legal max’s, but if some manager took it into his head to compare the tacho reports to our stated hours there would be a discrepancy where he might get the wrong end of the stick, and they just might decide that person X’s hours are lower than were previously thought, so, as you say, give him some longer hours to make them up a bit.

Might ask the question.
Thanks Roymondo, that hadn’t crossed what passes for my mind,