Maritime worst ever

Juddian:
POA is the biggest POS there is for most.

Encouraged by unscrupulous and cheapskate companies to work staff far longer than they should, if salaried to get anything up to 70 hours for 48 hours pay, if hourly paid to have drivers working up to 70 hours earning what they should be in 48, same difference.

About the only time its worth using is if the pay is piece work or bonus pay related, and only then if the standard pay before piece/bonus pay is about average driver’s pay, and utilising POA can up to double that average wage, jobs like these often pay the drivers for stand down time too to bring their hours back into line.

I don’t blame OD’s using it, makes sense cos you’re usually on a sort of piece work rate anyway, more the lorry earns etc.

Salaried staff are the group who should not use it at all, nor should others who have to work excess hours to get only average wages, the company are getting an extra 25/50% hours and work out of the driver so the only ones who should use it are those being paid that 25/50% more than the rest.

I have never in my life booked poa for all the reasons you point out, and due to the fact that it is just a clever cop out so it can be said we are ‘‘only’’ working x no. of hours on paper when in fact we are working much more. In other words it aint real, it’s designed to give a false impression, and to appease those who keep us waiting (rdc.s :imp: ) rather than insisting they get their ■■■■ acts together, …so I just refuse to play their stupid games.

I’d like to ask those who do book it why do they for what reason?

Is it pressure from their bosses, so they just comply?

Do they actually believe in it and agree with it?

Also is there anybody stupid enough to be doing it and not actually getting paid for it. :open_mouth: …(that’s the best one,.and I doubt if anyone will own up to it due to them being embarrassed…and so you should be if you accept those terms. :unamused: )