M42 closure

Quick question.Stuck on the M42 in the closure.My times was up at 18.50.So an hour and half over already.And not going anywhere soon by the looks of it.No idea where i’m going to park once we get going either.On way down to Thatcham for the morning.Thing is.Will i have to start a 9hr break once i get parked up?.I know its all ■■■■■■ up now anyway.Was just wondering though.Mind you.Might get a 9 on here as yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No your going to sit there and stare out the window ofc your going to have to put it on rest.

SouthEastCashew:
No your going to sit there and stare out the window ofc your going to have to put it on rest.

I’ve been doing that since about 5pm.And yeah its on break.

What’s occurred Vader?

daftvader:

SouthEastCashew:

I’ve been doing that since about 5pm.And yeah its on break.

Very sad… happened quite a lot this year 1st the m1 then the bloke who walked out infront of the wagon on the M5.

eagerbeaver:
What’s occurred Vader?

Jumper at jnct 10 apparently

daftvader:
Will i have to start a 9hr break once i get parked up?.I know its all [zb] up now anyway.

Afraid so - you can go over in those circumstances as long as you do a printout explaining it and hopefully find somewhere close by your next turning point to park. Just make a note of junction numbers and times for the blockage incase anyone stops you in the future.

Looks like you might get your 9 hours at the rate it’s going, although I think I’d want a proper one else you’ll be driving seriously tired.

Body found on M42 causing the problems - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-42005372

daftvader:

eagerbeaver:
What’s occurred Vader?

Jumper at jnct 10 apparently

Obviousely there was someone in the jumper.Wondered why the copper was walking up the carriagway.With a torch.Looking under all the vehicles and verges.

trevHCS:

daftvader:
Will i have to start a 9hr break once i get parked up?.I know its all [zb] up now anyway.

Afraid so - you can go over in those circumstances as long as you do a printout explaining it and hopefully find somewhere close by your next turning point to park. Just make a note of junction numbers and times for the blockage incase anyone stops you in the future.

Looks like you might get your 9 hours at the rate it’s going, although I think I’d want a proper one else you’ll be driving seriously tired.

Body found on M42 causing the problems - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-42005372

Yeah i’d do a couple of printouts and in the diary too.But i might just get a 9 in here.But i will be sleeping if we are here for the duration.

trevHCS:

daftvader:

Yeah i’d do a couple of printouts and in the diary too.But i might just get a 9 in here.But i will be sleeping if we are here for the duration.

I know nothing about these 'ere tacho things, but why would you put it on break because you’re stuck in traffic ? After all, you’re not on a break are you.

peterm:
I know nothing about these 'ere tacho things, but why would you put it on break because you’re stuck in traffic ? After all, you’re not on a break are you.

TROLL RADAR.gif

daftvader:
i might just get a 9 in here.But i will be sleeping if we are here for the duration.

Knowing how it normally goes, you’ll get 8 hours 57 minutes in, and the traffic will suddenly take off, leaving you sat there. Try explaining to the copper “just need another 3 minutes mate”.

It’s open now!

ezydriver:

daftvader:
i might just get a 9 in here.But i will be sleeping if we are here for the duration.

Knowing how it normally goes, you’ll get 8 hours 57 minutes in, and the traffic will suddenly take off, leaving you sat there. Try explaining to the copper “just need another 3 minutes mate”.

I know for a fact if that ever did happen to me, id be sitting them 3 minutes out. Hazards on, hi viz on, brakes wont release. Etcetc. Id be running round the vehicle like a mad man wasting a few minutes.

Concretejim:

ezydriver:

daftvader:

Knowing how it normally goes, you’ll get 8 hours 57 minutes in, and the traffic will suddenly take off, leaving you sat there. Try explaining to the copper “just need another 3 minutes mate”.[/qu

I know for a fact if that ever did happen to me, id be sitting them 3 minutes out. Hazards on, hi viz on, brakes wont release. Etcetc. Id be running round the vehicle like a mad man wasting a few minutes.

Yep, grill up…jump on catwalk, jump off catwalk…look busy …boom… 3 mins gone just like that :wink:

peterm:

Very true, and you can’t use POA as nobody has told you how long you’ll be there for so would you suggest leaving it on other work for the duration?

Happy Troll Feeding Thursday everyone.

Rentadent:

peterm:

Very true, and you can’t use POA as nobody has told you how long you’ll be there for so would you suggest leaving it on other work for the duration?

Happy Troll Feeding Thursday everyone.

Finally got released at 23.40.Took the central res barriers down.And over we went.Got parked up in a layby on the A5 20mins later.So did’nt get the 9hr in unfortunately.Now i have been looking online at what mode your tacho should go on.And it did say poa is probably the one it should be on.Due to the fact that its a complete road closure.And the authorities actually have some idea of how long it might take.Was updated regular on twitter.And it did say that it was likely to be early hours before it would reopen.But they were releasing trapped traffic.But i did have it on break.

peterm:

Bit of difference to being stuck in traffic.To a complete road closure wich can take hours to reopen.As in the case of last night.

Concretejim:

ezydriver:

daftvader:

:laughing: lots of hands being thrown into the air, a healthy dose of head shaking, and much feigned exasperation.