Alpha trans sold

Alpha trans has been sold to DFDS can’t post the link . Anyone know what DFDS are like to work for

chester1:
Alpha trans has been sold to DFDS can’t post the link . Anyone know what DFDS are like to work for

Hopefully that should work…

I was about to ask the same thing! I’ve only been there 3mths!

Let’s hope they realise that you can’t lump a fridge driver on a 25mtr rear steer trailer. Or a 3mtr wide load. There are many well respected drivers, many since the beginning of UK operations.

I hope they leave the immingham depot alone as it’s decent setup.

philgor:

chester1:

https://www.dfds.com/news-and-media/news/european-logistics-network-expanded-with-alphatrans

Hopefully that should work…

I was about to ask the same thing! I’ve only been there 3mths!

Let’s hope they realise that you can’t lump a fridge driver on a 25mtr rear steer trailer. Or a 3mtr wide load. There are many well respected drivers, many since the beginning of UK operations.

I hope they leave the immingham depot alone as it’s decent setup.

Yeh lots of good lads on there, good bunch at Gravesend hopefully all stays as is

Well we’ve had the vice President of DFDS UK in the immingham office today. And it seemed pretty positive. I can’t remember it all, but it seems dfds like us and they want us to keep on doing what we do best.

They even came round and spoke any employee that was in the office/yard. I had to go out and assist a driver so I never had the chat, but I’m a lot happier now with what’s been said by him and my colleagues.

I’m only in the workshop, so I don’t know what the score is with drivers, but DFDS logistics want good decent drivers, well any good decent person with the skill set they need.

I’m personally looking forward to see what’ll happen.

The vice-president told you they like you, and don’t want any changes…

That’s alright then.

the nodding donkey:

That’s alright then.

Yes that’s my exact thought as well, but it was just they way it was said. Then reinforced with the fact dfds bought quayside 5yrs ago, and it’s still quayside written on the trucks and trailers to this day

philgor:

the nodding donkey:

That’s alright then.

Yes that’s my exact thought as well, but it was just they way it was said. Then reinforced with the fact dfds bought quayside 5yrs ago, and it’s still quayside written on the trucks and trailers to this day

Have to worry a little for Gravesend tho with the distance of the yard from purfleet and the yard itself and if DFDS will want to put money in a competetors pocket (coblefret ) when they have a service go into Felixstowe from Rotterdam . Even if they did move closer to purfleet I don’t think many would go with them

chester1:
Alpha trans has been sold to DFDS can’t post the link …

Here’s another link:

http://www.heavyliftpfi.com/news/dfds-acquires-alphatrans.html

philgor:
Well we’ve had the vice President of DFDS UK in the immingham office today. And it seemed pretty positive. I can’t remember it all, but it seems dfds like us and they want us to keep on doing what we do best.

They even came round and spoke any employee that was in the office/yard. I had to go out and assist a driver so I never had the chat, but I’m a lot happier now with what’s been said by him and my colleagues.

I’m only in the workshop, so I don’t know what the score is with drivers, but DFDS logistics want good decent drivers, well any good decent person with the skill set they need.

I’m personally looking forward to see what’ll happen.

Having worked at the Immingham depot, they can’t seem to get drivers. The pay is really low as well.

:smiley:

the nodding donkey:

That’s alright then.

Yep, nothing to worry about…