H and S whistleblower anonymity

At our depot we have more than 50 rigids and artics…the depot was built for about 25 max.

So far this year there have been 3 broken legs, 2 broken arms and most weeks a fork lift is knocked over by a reversing truck…the accident book gets ‘lost’ every couple of weeks and a new one started.

Drivers have to clamber over pallets in order to get into their cabs and because the trucks are parked side by side they are only loaded from one side meaning that drivers have to climb over freight to check it…now in the dark. I know of four drivers who have fallen off their truck beds.

I think it is only a matter of time before someone is killed. The H and S website state that any whistleblower would have their name protected…but I’m not so sure.

I know of one driver who told the management that he was going to complain to H and S and he was sacked and told that he should not consider appealing as they know which pub he uses…

My question is has anyone got any experience of whistleblowing to the H and S ?

hse.gov.uk/riddor/specified-injuries.htm

Give me the name and address and I’ll do it for you F.O.C. and I will guarantee anonymity, shouldn’t be happening.

bobbya:
Give me the name and address and I’ll do it for you F.O.C. and I will guarantee anonymity, shouldn’t be happening.

Grasses.jpg

Heisenberrg:
At our depot we have more than 50 rigids and artics…the depot was built for about 25 max.

So far this year there have been 3 broken legs, 2 broken arms and most weeks a fork lift is knocked over by a reversing truck…the accident book gets ‘lost’ every couple of weeks and a new one started.

Drivers have to clamber over pallets in order to get into their cabs and because the trucks are parked side by side they are only loaded from one side meaning that drivers have to climb over freight to check it…now in the dark. I know of four drivers who have fallen off their truck beds.

I think it is only a matter of time before someone is killed. The H and S website state that any whistleblower would have their name protected…but I’m not so sure.

I know of one driver who told the management that he was going to complain to H and S and he was sacked and told that he should not consider appealing as they know which pub he uses…

what cowboys are you working for■■? :unamused:

maga:

Heisenberrg:

what cowboys are you working for■■? :unamused:

Exactly my point.

eagerbeaver:

bobbya:

not really grassing eagerbeaver,a company like that should not be operating,especially the part about ‘‘we know which pub you drink in’’,personally I wouldn’t even work for someone like that.

truckman020:

eagerbeaver:

bobbya:

not really grassing eagerbeaver,a company like that should not be operating,especially the part about ‘‘we know which pub you drink in’’,personally I wouldn’t even work for someone like that.

A company like that WILL operate.

Because bellends will work for them. If people are stupid enough to work at a crap place, that’s their look out.
I have no interest in joining the police, neighbourhood watch, or phoning the traffic cone hotline.

Maybe folk should keep their beaks out of other peoples business :bulb:

How many trucks on the O licence?

eagerbeaver:

truckman020:

eagerbeaver:

bobbya:

A company like that WILL operate.

Because bellends will work for them. If people are stupid enough to work at a crap place, that’s their look out.
I have no interest in joining the police, neighbourhood watch, or phoning the traffic cone hotline.

Maybe folk should keep their beaks out of other peoples business :bulb:

+1
good man.

O/p…Just jack and go and work for somebody else mate if it’s as bad as you say it is. :bulb:

You better phone the cone hotline a flattend about 10 today trailer was a bit long to make it so the cones were sacraficed.

robroy:
O/p…Just jack and go and work for somebody else mate if it’s as bad as you say it is. :bulb:

He could do that but if this is a true story something needs to be done,my company certainly wouldn’t allow it,if someone gets killed maybe then it would be taken seriously.

bobbya:

robroy:

He could do that but if this is a true story something needs to be done,my company certainly wouldn’t allow it,if someone gets killed maybe then it would be taken seriously.

But as somebody else said, why would anybody in their right mind work for them in the first place.
Some will have started knowing full well what the firm was like, others will have discovered it, but they are still there :open_mouth: …what are they? ■■■■ idiots??

It all goes back to the dreaded ‘‘sticking together’’ thing, Grow some balls, form a group…or dare I say it a Union :open_mouth: …shrieeek.! :open_mouth:

And tell them that ‘‘We are not prepared to put up with all this ■■■■■■■■ any longer, so sort it or get new drivers’’
But no…, most will go along with it all, and one wants to bubble them to the relavent authority anonimously. :unamused:
Don’t you just love drivers eh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

bobbya:

robroy:

But as somebody else said, why would anybody in their right mind work for them in the first place.
Some will have started knowing full well what the firm was like, others will have discovered it, but they are still there :open_mouth: …what are they? [zb] idiots??

It all goes back to the dreaded ‘‘sticking together’’ thing, Grow some balls, form a group…or dare I say it a Union :open_mouth: …shrieeek.! :open_mouth:

And tell them that ‘‘We are not prepared to put up with all this ■■■■■■■■ any longer, so sort it or get new drivers’’
But no…, most will go along with it all, and one wants to bubble them to the relavent authority anonimously. :unamused:
Don’t you just love drivers eh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got to agree at least join a union.

Yeah. But I bet they don’t have to wear a hi-viz jacket, or a hard hat, or steel toe cap boots, and probably not bothered about filling in ‘positive defect notes’ everyday. Or doing morning walk around checks.

Always struggle with the moral dilemma about whether something should be reported, or grass somebody up.
My normal inclination is to mind my own business, but there must be a point you think this is too serious and needs to be reported?
What about the likes of Jimmy Saville, if you knew about what he was up to would you gave said something, even though the man had enough clout to ruin your career if you worked entertainment?
Or what about if you knew the haulage company you worked for was not carrying out safety critical maintenance, would you just leave and find another job, or do you report them?
And in the OP’s case, does he just leave and then what if he reads in the paper some kid, ink still wet on his licence desperate to get a first job, gets killed or sustains serious injuries, does he then think if I’d reported this that it might not have happened.

Personally I think I would try and get something done, but I’m not in the OP’s place so don’t know the full facts and how accurate picture they are painting, however I thought that any place where there had been multiple serious injuries, such as broken bones, would have gained the interest of the HSE by now?

muckles:
Always struggle with the moral dilemma about whether something should be reported, or grass somebody up.
My normal inclination is to mind my own business, but there must be a point you think this is too serious and needs to be reported?
What about the likes of Jimmy Saville, if you knew about what he was up to would you gave said something, even though the man had enough clout to ruin your career if you worked entertainment?
Or what about if you knew the haulage company you worked for was not carrying out safety critical maintenance, would you just leave and find another job, or do you report them?
And in the OP’s case, does he just leave and then what if he reads in the paper some kid, ink still wet on his licence desperate to get a first job, gets killed or sustains serious injuries, does he then think if I’d reported this that it might not have happened.

Personally I think I would try and get something done, but I’m not in the OP’s place so don’t know the full facts and how accurate picture they are painting, however I thought that any place where there had been multiple serious injuries, such as broken bones, would have gained the interest of the HSE by now?
[/quote]

If they don’t have a proper accident reporting system, there is no reason the HSE would know.

If they “lose” the accident book when things happen and threaten staff who say theyll report them then I dont think a visit from someone from HSE is going to bother them much, or affect how they operate

the nodding donkey:
Yeah. But I bet they don’t have to wear a hi-viz jacket, or a hard hat, or steel toe cap boots, and probably not bothered about filling in ‘positive defect notes’ everyday. Or doing morning walk around checks.

Not much comfort when you’ve got a broken leg or been crushed by a wagon.