That’s that then

So had a call return the truck as the firm has gone under, but before I could do that I had a 259 mile trip home and return a trailer that didn’t belong to me. Bloody marvellous as why didn’t the pull the plug the day before and now no signs of being paid after owning two weeks wages so I don’t know where I stand as I was on paye …

Pawuk:
So had a call return the truck as the firm has gone under, but before I could do that I had a 259 mile trip home and return a trailer that didn’t belong to me. Bloody marvellous as why didn’t the pull the plug the day before and now no signs of being paid after owning two weeks wages so I don’t know where I stand as I was on paye …

Same thing happened to our lot when it went under.Some of the drivers were in Germany at the time too.So a bit further away than you.Pain in the arse with xmas coming up.Hope you get sorted mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keep the truck :confused: :slight_smile:

Would have been inclined to have returned the trailer but taken the unit home and parked it up somewhere out of the way. They could have it back after they paid you what they owed. At the very least empty the tank. They very obviously knew well before hand they had money problems, totally wrong to use drivers this way…

Dan ze Man:

Tempting as that is, it is bad advice.

AndrewG:
Would have been inclined to have returned the trailer but taken the unit home and parked it up somewhere out of the way. They could have it back after they paid you what they owed. At the very least empty the tank. They very obviously knew well before hand they had money problems, totally wrong to use drivers this way…

You can’t take the truck, it belongs to however owns it, be that the boss, or a leasing company. Only bailiffs can seize goods.

The diesel is another kettle of fish… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

Dan ze Man:

Yep because if leased or financed it will have to be returned to said company , if outright owned by company it’s an asset for administrator to sell to cove debts

Every thing was all leased, got the £100 float though :smiley: for petty cash, just don’t know where I stand on the wages as vague communication from anyone…

I think because you’re paye the government pays most of it , but it could take some time

Return the truck… but keep the keys by accident, as an incentive to repay funds owed.

is your car derv .
park up get the mrs or some one to come out and pick you up with a tube and fuel cans.

"sorry boss some thieving scrots just relieved me of fuel whilst having a 45 "

is your car derv .
park up get the mrs or some one to come out and pick you up with a tube and fuel cans.

"sorry boss some thieving scrots just relieved me of fuel whilst having a 45 "

Pawuk:
Every thing was all leased, got the £100 float though :smiley: for petty cash, just don’t know where I stand on the wages as vague communication from anyone…

At least thats something. Problem with wages is that the drivers will be the bottom of the pecking order re payment of debt by administrators :frowning: Hope you get something sorted before Christmas mate, im sure theres other work out there for you…

blue estate:

the nodding donkey:

Dan ze Man:

Yep because if leased or financed it will have to be returned to said company , if outright owned by company it’s an asset for administrator to sell to cove debts

Call at home for your forgotten medicine.

Just hope that nobody took some bits off it/out of it while you were collecting your medicine from your kitchen :wink:
I’ve heard that some of these items end up on internet auction sites, and sell for roughly similar amounts to those owed…

nick2008:
is your car derv .

"

I’m ■■■■ sure that’s what I would do if they owed me money.
I would not take any more than what he owed me though but that’s just me, …and I’ve been bust myself so I know the score and the feeling…
(Btw I paid my drivers out first, for the record. :sunglasses: )
More ways of skinning a cat …etc etc

An old mate of mine did the same with the F12 he drove back in the late eighties, took the truck ‘home’ sold good for old shagged parts ie: Engine swapped, gearbox swapped, wheels and tyres, rear axle, springs, fifth wheel…all swapped out over a matter of weeks while the firm chased him for the truck while he chased them for the 2 months money they owed.

In the end he ‘gave up’ and told them where it was parked…he never heard another word or saw any sign of his money.
He figured he’d made enough out of the parts !

Twoninety88:
An old mate of mine did the same with the F12 he drove back in the late eighties, took the truck ‘home’ sold good for old shagged parts ie: Engine swapped, gearbox swapped, wheels and tyres, rear axle, springs, fifth wheel…all swapped out over a matter of weeks while the firm chased him for the truck while he chased them for the 2 months money they owed.

In the end he ‘gave up’ and told them where it was parked…he never heard another word or saw any sign of his money.
He figured he’d made enough out of the parts !

I know of a small haulage co in the 80s who had a yr old motor snatched back after falling out big style with a finance co, but before it was taken, he had the engine and gearbox unit, tyres and other parts swapped into a truck the same type which was knackered, and I .(…sorry He :blush:) , got another 3 yrs running out of it. :sunglasses:

the nodding donkey:

Dan ze Man:

It’s the best advice your going to get
I did it one time I kept the unit hidden and got a phone call next day where is truck
You will get truck back when up to date money is in my account
Before day was out everything was sorted at the time just before they wanted me to do cpc transport and said they would pay for it and i got that money for that as well
It’s simple use your head or follow the pack

nightline:

the nodding donkey:

Dan ze Man:

It’s the best advice your going to get
I did it one time I kept the unit hidden and got a phone call next day where is truck
You will get truck back when up to date money is in my account
Before day was out everything was sorted at the time just before they wanted me to do cpc transport and said they would pay for it and i got that money for that as well
It’s simple use your head or follow the pack

You were lucky. You’re as likely to get a knock on the door from the old bill. All depends who owns the asset.

If you’re paye you will get redundancy if you’ve been there long enough, wages due to you and any holiday pay you’re entitled to. If the administrators don’t have enough money to pay you out, then you will get it back from the government, but it may take some time to sort out.