Cleaners required, nevermind driving lorries!

Please excuse the huge image, if you know how to downsize images for future posts, let me know!

But anyhow, look at this monstrosity! I saw this on a store noticeboard I delivered to this morning and this is on-par with some class 2 rates that I’ve seen out there; you guys aren’t wrong about class 2 being the peasant class.

PifO1E4.jpg

Then apply for the cleaning job… Except you won’t. You just want to whinge about it.

Perhaps nurses should complain about truck drivers earning 30k a year - as they have to have a degree and they help save peoples lives, get covered in bodily fluids and they have much more to keep their registration than a one day a year attendance course to keep their regisatation.

I’m not whinghing about it at all bud, I was just shocked and found it interesting to see that even after we all get these qualifications that cost us thousands of pounds, that our rates are similar to that of a cleaner.
Once again, not whinging, just starting a bit of conversation :smiley:

The clues in the terms.
“Part Time”
Could be 8 hours a week. That makes an £80 outlay more than affordable. Might even be a zero hours contract.
It also doesnt say that when own transport is required youll get reimbursed for travel expenses.
Ive seen an advertisment for a baby sitter offering £15 - £20 per hour but at 6 hours a week its hardly end of the rainbow stuff, nor a good comparison against hgv driving

jordon1703:
we all get these qualifications

Ooooft youve gone and done it now mate.
Very soon youll have the “truck driving is a low skill job”, “anyone can do it”, “its brainless job” etc etc crew out in force, all determined to run the job done as much as possible.
Hope youve a strong tin hat!

Woman in our office does cleaning work in the afternoons (she works 0600-1400 in the office). An hour here, an hour there - most of her clients only want her for an hour or so one or two days a week. Hardly seems worthwhile by the time she’s driven herself to the client location (she only gets paid for time actually spent cleaning at the client’s gaff).

That’s nice. I’d wanna be well paid to clean. As others have said the hourly rate means jack on it’s own. Part time so it won’t come close to any class 2 wage.

Can’t wait to see the complaints when minimum wage reaches ten pound an hour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Woman in our office does cleaning work in the afternoons (she works 0600-1400 in the office). An hour here, an hour there - most of her clients only want her for an hour or so one or two days a week. Hardly seems worthwhile by the time she’s driven herself to the client location (she only gets paid for time actually spent cleaning at the client’s gaff).

Exactly. Also, it’s a crap job!

I’d want double that for going to somebody’s house to stick my hand down their bog, to scrape and scrub away the leftovers from their tea from last night!

Yeah you’re right, the hours obviously do play a part. It’s also private home cleaning which I assume would entail higher rates than cleaning offices for a large company. Potentially skewed slightly

The woman in our office spends few hours each week cleaning offices. No idea what she’s payed but drives brand new S class mercedes.

Dan ze Man:
The woman in our office spends few hours each week cleaning offices. No idea what she’s payed but drives brand new S class mercedes.

Cars are no real indication of somebodies wealth. If your prepared to shell out £stupid per month on car finance any of us can drive a new flashy car. Plenty do. Most new cars you see in office car parks are people’s debt.

Dan ze Man:

Could she be an ■■■■■■ on the side (or back) ?

Few companies around South Wales only pay just over £8 an hour to class 1 drivers, so not just class 2 thats ■■■■.

I’ve yet to meet a truck driver who became a truck driver chasing the money train, truck drivers become truck drivers because they want to drive trucks pure and simple, why is it then that so many of them then spend the majority of their time whining moaning and crying about the wages/hours/conditions?

It’s simple really, if you don’t like the pay/hours/conditions find a better job or get out of the truck game altogether, wages are not going to magically and dramatically increase any time soon, with the big companies wringing the living [zb] out of the rates in an attempt to keep their fleets of trucks moving, and the Gov fleecing 60 - 70% tax on fuel, the driver is the most economised part of the machine.

You know it I know it, so get on or get out, but please stop being whining little ■■■■■■■ about it, grown men? more like old women!

I think people have misinterpreted what I said as me whinging. Promise, I wasn’t whinging - I found it amusing. I got into lorry driving because I wanted to drive for a living. There are much better paid jobs out there for people that just want the money, and they require less effort to get into. I’d be surprised if any lorry driver said they got into it for the money.

jordon1703:
I think people have misinterpreted what I said as me whinging. Promise, I wasn’t whinging - I found it amusing. I got into lorry driving because I wanted to drive for a living. There are much better paid jobs out there for people that just want the money, and they require less effort to get into. I’d be surprised if any lorry driver said they got into it for the money.

It was a generic observation over many years as a member of this forum, it wasn’t finger pointing at you bud.

Where I work Mrs Mop cleans the canteen and office, I overheard the manager moaning about how she often misses
cleaning this and that, and he remarked… " next april she will be talking home more money per hour than me!"

“how do you work that out, she cant be on more than a tenner an hour” I replied

well he said… “she only works 5 and a half hours a day on minimum wage which in april will be £8.05 p/h,
As she can earn 12k per year (using her husbands allowance) before she incurs any deductions she basically
gets to take home all she earns… which is more than me after my deductions!”

Wonder if Mrs Mop, wants an apprentice.

TruckOff:
Where I work Mrs Mop cleans the canteen and office, I overheard the manager moaning about how she often misses
cleaning this and that, and he remarked… " next april she will be talking home more money per hour than me!"

“how do you work that out, she cant be on more than a tenner an hour” I replied

well he said… “she only works 5 and a half hours a day on minimum wage which in april will be £8.05 p/h,
As she can earn 12k per year (using her husbands allowance) before she incurs any deductions she basically
gets to take home all she earns… which is more than me after my deductions!”

Wonder if Mrs Mop, wants an apprentice.

Someone clearly doesn’t understand how Income Tax and National Insurance works. If Mrs Mop does 5.5 hours a day at £8.05 per hour, she will take home about £7.08 per hour once National Insurance has been deducted.
The “manager” on a tenner an hour (really? a manager?) for 40 hours a week will take home £7.95 per hour after Tax and NI.

She won’t pay NI as that amount is below the threshold

good_friend:
She won’t pay NI as that amount is below the threshold

She’ll be getting around £221 a week, which is well above the £157 p.w. threshold.

Probably costs no more to get this qualification than an HGV licence.