Weekended at South Mimms

switchlogic:

robroy:

AndrewG:
Registering trucks in Europe/EE to take advantage of RFL and cheaper insurance, cabotage and a low wage with tax free ‘allowances’ is the way UK haulage companies could compete but apart from some IRL no one will. Sitting back moaning and whinging re ‘foreigners’ taking the jobs/work seems preferential… :unamused:

I remember about 15 to 18 or so years ago when many Brit firms ‘flagged out’ and ran on Dutch plates.

I also remember later on when many Brit drivers worked on Dutch motors for Dutch companies.
Who knows,… there was maybe a Dutch forum called ‘Vrachtwagennet’ where bigoted members gave Brits grief for ‘‘Coming over here, taking our jobs’’ and all the rest of the anti EE driver ■■■■■■■■ that you get on this forum by the same few. :unamused:

Actually when I was on for HSF we regularly got grief from Dutch drivers who didn’t like the fact the vast majority of HSF back then was British drivers.

Still happens by the Sitra French and Belgian Drivers, griping about foreign labour, and are much like the typical moaning British trucker who likes to have his home comforts on a weekend and refuses to do more than a 5 day week because why should he there’s foreigners to do that.