Banksman training - DCPC upload?

Bits of a long shot folks, but can anyone recommend a full or half day banksman course that may count towards DCPC hours please?

Cheers,
Tony

And I thought a banksman just required a bit of common sense and a hi Vis best!

Butcher:
And I thought a banksman just required a bit of common sense and a hi Vis best!

Vest!!!

Should read vest!!!

A whole day of waving a hand,sounds great fun!!

How many hours does it take to train a guy to wave his arms and shout stop.?
Don’t answer that,… if we are talking dcpc I’m sure they could stretch it out over 8 hours. :unamused:

Banksman training?? Seriously> :laughing:

I think most banksman are "trained’ to stand where the driver can’t see them :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

You’d better believe it guys! :open_mouth: :smiley:

I had a days worth of B/M training (pre-DCPC) whilst at my last job, as a drayman at Carlsberg.

We already have staff trained on this, but would be nice if it could also go towards the DCPC rather than doing training twice over :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s has to be an approved course to be able to count as time towards dcpc.

No training where I am and some of the clowns who stand in the dark 50 feet away and move their little fingers and are then surprised that I can’t make any sense of their signals. Or just as you’re expecting a stop signal they’ll suddenly raise their hand and pick their noses!
So Banksman training is needed, maybe not a full day though.

You can search for courses from the Jaupt website.

jaupt.org.uk/course-search? … taxi=false

njl:
You can search for courses from the Jaupt website.

jaupt.org.uk/course-search? … taxi=false

Thanks for the tip mate :smiley: , will have a look!

Mikey D:
I think most banksman are "trained’ to stand where the driver can’t see them :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

sadly,there has been fatality’s involving banksmen when i was working on the tippers.