Weekly rest in a residential street. Odd

Out walking the dog and our polish friend been parked up since last night. Not moved all day and still their this evening.

Wonder if he’d run out of time and had to find anywhere to pull up. Or it’s quiet and off the beaten track to avoid being done for weekly rest in cab.

Or he’s giving one of my neibourghs a good seeing to!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Out of time and just pulled off the main drag most likely. Looks a wide enough road to not do any harm though…

Yeah it’s wide enough and he’s on the pavement a bit to. Just a first to have an hgv parked up here. Am just off the a38 but if he’s come off the m6 or closer m5 I’m surprised he’s not found somewhere to park sooner.

Probably parked up and staying at a family member’s/friend nearby. Bit risky as the plod would be knocking doors looking to move that on if it happened near me (has done in the past).

dave_k:
Probably parked up and staying at a family member’s/friend nearby. Bit risky as the plod would be knocking doors looking to move that on if it happened near me (has done in the past).

Oh really. Is there anything against parking up in a residential area? I can believe depending on the residents some would object and complain about the nasty lorry in the street.

In real terms as long as he doesn’t ■■■■ under his trailer, leave a carrier bag of crap and rubbish lying, or rev the balls of his motor …or sit on tick over for ■■■■ ages (much worse.I reckon, to those on here that insist on doing it :imp: )
What harm is he really doing?

robroy:
In real terms as long as he doesn’t [zb] under his trailer, leave a carrier bag of crap and rubbish lying, or rev the balls of his motor …or sit on tick over for [zb] ages (much worse.I reckon, to those on here that insist on doing it :imp: )

None, but you know those nimby’s don’t like trucks.

IronEddie:

dave_k:

Oh really. Is there anything against parking up in a residential area? I can believe depending on the residents some would object and complain about the nasty lorry in the street.

yes there is a law - it has to be lit (i.e.sidelights on) and shouldn’t be parked on the kerb - we had one of our guys done years ago for not having his sidelights on (before “O” licence changes regarding where the vehicle is normally kept), couldn’t leave them on - bloody thing would have never started in the morning

hardyd44:
yes there is a law - it has to be lit (i.e.sidelights on) and shouldn’t be parked on the kerb - we had one of our guys done years ago for not having his sidelights on (before “O” licence changes regarding where the vehicle is normally kept), couldn’t leave them on - bloody thing would have never started in the morning

I had one arse wipe of a copper ticket me for that while parked on an extremely well lit ind est one night.
I later discovered it was their (easy option) way of dealing with the spate of truck crime on that estate, which was rather than do their job and catch the criminals, they chose to stop truck parking by giving out tickets. :imp:

Brilliant eh?

Aye, the law is that we have to be lit up overnight if we are parked on the road.
That’s why you can’t overnight in a ‘wide bit of road type layby’. Well you can if you’re lit up, and desperate for somewhere to park. You can park overnight in a layby separated from the carriageway, without lights, by the way. You should also be ok without lights in a residential street, anywhere a parked up vehicle can reasonably be expected to be.
It doesn’t have to be the full set of side lights either, a white marker light on the front outside corner and a red on the rear outside corner is all you need. So a pair of battery powered bicycle led lights would do the job.

IronEddie:
Out walking the dog and our polish friend been parked up since last night. Not moved all day and still their this evening.

Wonder if he’d run out of time and had to find anywhere to pull up. Or it’s quiet and off the beaten track to avoid being done for weekly rest in cab.

Or he’s giving one of my neibourghs a good seeing to!

if there no any sign restriction and drivers not sleep inside that all legally.By Dulles drivers can t takes full 45 in lay by.But he can park truck in any lay by if no restriction and go to anywhere he want and how many he want.

Plus if drivers last week somewhere had 45 hours rest that this week he can stay in lay by legally because he can takes reduced rest.

Rule 250
Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 2500 kg laden weight , invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are:

at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
in a recognised parking place or lay-by.
Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights.

I’d not want that in my street , you wait till he tells his mates , I park nr my house but 45 break but not all w/ end , imagine if you were showing prospective buyers of your house round with that parked there :exclamation:
All these saying it’s fine wouldn’t be saying that if it was there street :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

That is a fridge trailer, and not suitable for weekending in that place, near houses, and residential…if the fridge is running…so he is liable for a £300 ticket…his choice though.

robroy:
In real terms as long as he doesn’t [zb] under his trailer, leave a carrier bag of crap and rubbish lying, or rev the balls of his motor …or sit on tick over for [zb] ages (much worse.I reckon, to those on here that insist on doing it :imp: )

Exactly my attitude to things like this, never know, maybe he’s hanging out the back of a local for the weekend.

A.

truckyboy:
That is a fridge trailer, and not suitable for weekending in that place, near houses, and residential…if the fridge is running…so he is liable for a £300 ticket…his choice though.

No sound of anything running the two times I walked passed. Just as you see it, curtains pulled around the cab quiet as anything.

The fence to his left is for a set of new build quite large houses. Bet they were overjoyed. Don’t personally see as was doing any harm. And actually it’s not a crazy spot as supermarket is 15 minute walk away and pub 5 minutes away. I was just curious as it’s not something I’ve seen before round here.

Simon:
Aye, the law is that we have to be lit up overnight if we are parked on the road.
That’s why you can’t overnight in a ‘wide bit of road type layby’. Well you can if you’re lit up, and desperate for somewhere to park. You can park overnight in a layby separated from the carriageway, without lights, by the way. You should also be ok without lights in a residential street, anywhere a parked up vehicle can reasonably be expected to be.
It doesn’t have to be the full set of side lights either, a white marker light on the front outside corner and a red on the rear outside corner is all you need. So a pair of battery powered bicycle led lights would do the job.

That’s simply not what the law says at all. The requirement is that all legally required position lamps be lit - so that means both sides and also means you cannot use cycle lamps etc. The exemption when parked on a restricted road (i.e. one with a 30mph limit because of its street lighting) does not apply to a goods vehicle with laden weight over 2.5T

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Or he has dumped the wagon for an easier life.

Cant see hes causing much of a problem.

Is it not illegal to park on curbs regardless of weight?