Massive logistics hubs

the maoster:
The sad truth is that the reason drivers have to put up with a lot of this crap is that a significant minority of drivers are quite frankly idiots who shouldn’t be trusted with a train set never mind a lorry!

It’s my turn to be yard shunter next week and I absolutely guarantee that between one and ten times an outside driver will hand me a set of keys that are quite obviously from a different marque than the vehicle he is driving. Personally I don’t care about that as I’m not paid to be the yard policeman, but it’s only a matter of time before it all goes Pete Tong and drivers are no longer allowed to stay in their cabs.

Last time I shunted a driver made an obvious effort and leant down from his Actros and handed me his Mercedes car keys (10 out 10 for effort though). When I came back from lunch he’d taken the Salvo lock off and left it on the floor and left the yard, still with “his keys” in my tug. Hope he didn’t need them as I dropped them in the bin.

We use to have to sit in the tearooms, but cold store boys kept moaning about drivers asleep in “there seats”

Also 2-3 hours to load 26plts.

But paid by hour. Hay ho.