In cab camera's

the nodding donkey:
You can’t stop a company from installing cctv in the workplace. Almost every workplace has it today. But not in toilets or showers. There are very strickt rules governing cctv, and privacy, and the invasion there off, is well defined and upheld. So companies are treading a fine line when installing cctv in the cab. They are entitled to do so, as long as they are only using it whilst you’re ‘at work’.

When you stop driving, for a break or daily rest if on a night out, cover the camera. Simple. It gives you piece of mind and stops any peeping Tom shenanigans from the office.
Nobody can reprimand your for that, for that, because they are only supposed to look at them ‘retrospectively in case of an incident’. And as there was no incident, what were they doing trying to watch the footage? Mention that they are breaking the law, and they’ll scurry off.,

This is not about ‘bending over’, ‘being a company yes men’, or ‘having no spine’. This is about knowing and understanding the rules and laws, and using them to your advantage.

So now we are supposed to take steps to protect our RIGHT of privacy because we think/know that our office are capable or even more than likely definitely will break the law.
On those grounds alone, that some drivers feel the necessity to do that, there is a justification to refuse to accept them.
So on the contrary bud, …it’s ALL about bending over and lack of balls.
As I said, my inward camera is blocked, for two reasons.
One for that you point out, the second to show my disagreement to it…ie I take it as an insult as I am not convinced it is only triggered by an incident only.
I also know it could make things go vastly ■■■■ up for me, if something occurs, and if some ■■■■ makes a judgement that I am in the wrong in some way.
If they eventually sack me for it…so be it.
I’ll go back to a firm that treat their drivers like grown ups.