New Dennis City Truck

New Dennis City Truck

2574E5A8-F8B6-40AF-8DE5-6A5D76956B5C.jpeg

Don’t know about you but I rather like it. Ideal for supermarkets and the like for trucks doing city centers every day

switchlogic:
New Dennis City Truck

Don’t know about you but I rather like it. Ideal for supermarkets and the like for trucks doing city centers every day

There’s some thing missing on the back ?

The rest of the dust cart ! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Can you imagine what may happen if you pull up in city traffic next to a bus stop :open_mouth:

peirre:
Can you imagine what may happen if you pull up in city traffic next to a bus stop :open_mouth:

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

blue estate:

peirre:

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Absolutely.But more like when approaching a request stop.Who needs a Dennis for that. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

firetruck-photos.net/images/ … /21972.jpg

Seriously everyone knows that this ‘city’ truck will find its way into general use with obvious results in terms of compromised forward visibility and crash resistance in the real world. :unamused:

switchlogic:
New Dennis City Truck

All dustcart jokes aside, :laughing: I can see a good market for in the multi drop sector, but they do have competition from Mercedes and probably other manufactures.

Looks like quite a long wheelbase with a big low overhang in front of the steer axle, but it could easily find a place in a lot fleets.
Add a two axle unit to the mix for tighter access sites and it could be a goer.
If certain big cities and their mayors get to see lots of videos about how safe city trucks are, or if noisy pressure groups tell mayors about them we’ll see some regulations in soon.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I think it’s definietly got its uses. How effective it will be, I don’t know? Cyclists, motorcyclists and cars will still be up the side of it, yes it gives the driver a bit more chance of seeing them but you still can’t look everywhere all of the time.

is it electric and does it drive itself though?

switchlogic:
New Dennis City Truck

That’s mega ,will there be a ■■■■■■■ isxe6 to replace the 5 for uk use ? Your m8 will be along soon wanting to fit 18 speed fuller in it :unamused:

Won’t be great when you are behind a transit van and can’t see [zb] all :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
Won’t be great when you are behind a transit van and can’t see [zb] all :neutral_face:

It’s called drive acordingly :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

Especially when the thing inevitably ends up being used for longer distance work.

Punchy Dan:

eagerbeaver:

Thanks for the advice. :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

eagerbeaver:

Driving with due care and attention ideally means reading the road ahead of the vehicle/s you’re following.Why would you want to compromise visibility in that regard. :unamused:

Things are bad when Dennis release a new truck and people joke about it looking like a Scania.

What’s it called? The Dennis Snowflake? The Dennis Millenial? The Dennis non offensive? I can’t see a plug hanging out. Where is it?

Looks like it’s in the Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace) - just guessing.

There’s a lighting manufacturer in Gillingham Dorset, Dextra? who have municipal cabs on their fleet.

theres hope for me yet :laughing: I’ve even got a spare n.s door with a genuine bottom window fitted from new :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:
0theres hope for me yet :laughing: I’ve even got a spare n.s door with a genuine bottom window fitted from new :open_mouth:

Thats more like it!!

I’d probably take it home after a skinful and then wake up in the morning feeling mortified that I’d been inside it. :wink: