First time over to Ireland tonight

Me and another driver are on the 20:00 sailing from Holyhead to Dublin tonight and won’t have much time left to get parked up when we leave the ferry can anyone give us anywhere we can park up for our 9 off?
Tipping out at a Tescos down in Wicklow and I’ve checked on Google maps and it looks a straightforward run down the M11 to junction 16 then onto the R772 and then onto the R750. What driving time we looking at from Dublin, about an hour?
Also this may seem a daft question but can you purchase stuff over there using Sterling or is it all Euro? Is there anywhere I can exchange Sterling for Euro either at Holyhead or Dublin? I only found out I was going at 17:00 last night after getting back from Benidorm and low and behold I’ve no Euros left :unamused: thanks for any help.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Me and another driver are on the 20:00 sailing from Holyhead to Dublin tonight and won’t have much time left to get parked up when we leave the ferry can anyone give us anywhere we can park up for our 9 off?
Tipping out at a Tescos down in Wicklow and I’ve checked on Google maps and it looks a straightforward run down the M11 to junction 16 then onto the R772 and then onto the R750. What driving time we looking at from Dublin, about an hour?
Also this may seem a daft question but can you purchase stuff over there using Sterling or is it all Euro? Is there anywhere I can exchange Sterling for Euro either at Holyhead or Dublin? I only found out I was going at 17:00 last night after getting back from Benidorm and low and behold I’ve no Euros left :unamused: thanks for any help.

To park up you can just drive off the boat and park in Irish Ferries or if your going stena come out of the stena terminal, turn right and go back as if your checking in again and they will let you park in there too.

You can change money on the boats but might not be a great rate that’s the only thing.

I’d say and hour and a half would run you down to Wicklow but the M50 is a disaster during rush hour. Hope you have a good trip sailor

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

hammertothefloor:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

To park up you can just drive off the boat and park in Irish Ferries or if your going stena come out of the stena terminal, turn right and go back as if your checking in again and they will let you park in there too.

You can change money on the boats but might not be a great rate that’s the only thing.

I’d say and hour and a half would run you down to Wicklow but the M50 is a disaster during rush hour. Hope you have a good trip sailor

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You won’t be going anywhere near M50 left out the docks left across bridge and its a fairly straight run
There is a low looking bridge coming into wicklow but it’s no problem
Tesco will be on the left just as you come into the town easy tip

You can also pay to park@ Topaz Dublin port,
you can’t miss it as you come upon 1st roundabout out of port it’s looking at You!!!
That time of night would be well filled up though!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Take sea sick pills prior to boarding, once on the ship, eat a meal with no grease, oil, fat and spicies unless you want to see it again.
The Irish sea can make a Billy goat puke.

The trick is to eat first so if sick, at least you won’t be vomiting stomach acid on an empty tum which is hydrochloric acid.
Go to the lowest deck and in the middle .
Or straight to the cabin to relax.
On arrival the side affects of the pill is drowsiness while driving

If this is going to be a regular thing then get yourself a Revolut pre-pay credit card. You can load it up with GBP and convert it to Euro at the best rates you can get, usually it is only fractions of a cent below the Mastercard currency conversion rate. There is a mobile app so you can top up the card in seconds whilst you’re on the road. You can withdraw cash from a cash machine with no charges. When you get back you can then convert the balance back to GBP, again just fractions of a penny below the Mastercard currency conversion rate so not getting shafted like you would if you’d bought Euros and tried to exchange them to GBP at a Bureau de Change.

Ireland’s not big enough for you to need to spend owt ,do what the ee’s do fil your plate on the boat until it’s piled up high so high you can’t get the gravey on .

Also it’ll seem counterintuitive since you are heading south but or if or you have to head north through the port tunnel to exit Dublin, don’t go through the city

switchlogic:
Also it’ll seem counterintuitive since you are heading south but or if or you have to head north through the port tunnel to exit Dublin, don’t go through the city

If he’s going to Wicklow why would he go through city or for that matter why would he go through tunnel
Left out of docks across the toll bridge and straight to Wicklow

Conor:
If this is going to be a regular thing then get yourself a Revolut pre-pay credit card. You can load it up with GBP and convert it to Euro at the best rates you can get, usually it is only fractions of a cent below the Mastercard currency conversion rate. There is a mobile app so you can top up the card in seconds whilst you’re on the road. You can withdraw cash from a cash machine with no charges. When you get back you can then convert the balance back to GBP, again just fractions of a penny below the Mastercard currency conversion rate so not getting shafted like you would if you’d bought Euros and tried to exchange them to GBP at a Bureau de Change.

There’s enough (exchange) fee free credit cards available (such as the Halifax clarity, Santander Zero) without the need to get a pre pay card

Out of the docks turn left and over the river and down the coast road. Wicklow is an hour from the boat. You’ve a services on the n11 about 35mins down to the road for your 9 hours if your that way inclined otherwise blow her on.
If it’s after 7am in the morning you’ll have to go to the port via the m50 as there is a 4 axle ban on the coast road 7 to 7.

Arklow89:
Out of the docks turn left and over the river and down the coast road. Wicklow is an hour from the boat. You’ve a services on the n11 about 35mins down to the road for your 9 hours if your that way inclined otherwise blow her on.
If it’s after 7am in the morning you’ll have to go to the port via the m50 as there is a 4 axle ban on the coast road 7 to 7.

I never knew the bank extended to the coast road , every day is a school day, my mistake

nightline:

switchlogic:

If he’s going to Wicklow why would he go through city or for that matter why would he go through tunnel

I go tunnel every time no matter which direction iam going .

We are based in the port and always go through tunnel and M50 ,

bossman:

Really? Im off to Ireland Thursday afternoon to go to Leapardstown Park Hospital with a new medical trailer and assumed I would just come out the port and turn left. Surely it’s a trek going up and around the M50.

mrginge:

bossman:

Really? Im off to Ireland Thursday afternoon to go to Leapardstown Park Hospital with a new medical trailer and assumed I would just come out the port and turn left. Surely it’s a trek going up and around the M50.

From my point of view the tunnel is dead quick your up at the airport junction in no time .

toby1234abc:
Take sea sick pills prior to boarding, once on the ship, eat a meal with no grease, oil, fat and spicies unless you want to see it again.
The Irish sea can make a Billy goat puke.

The trick is to eat first so if sick, at least you won’t be vomiting stomach acid on an empty tum which is hydrochloric acid.
Go to the lowest deck and in the middle .
Or straight to the cabin to relax.
On arrival the side affects of the pill is drowsiness while driving

Ballicks!!![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

nightline:

switchlogic:

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realise Dublin stopped at the port…

To the OP- heading south that way is an utter pain in the arse not to mention not allowed during day for a truck

mrginge:

bossman:

Trucks are banned through Dublin during day, ever since they opened tunnel.

Thanks for the info gentlemen.