Form an orderly queue please fellas… :slight_smile:

Hgv CLASS 1 DRIVER
Grasmere Motors - Ashton-Under-Lyne
Grasmere Motors are looking for a class 1 hgv driver on tautliner work
hours of work will be monday to friday one or two nights out doing
around 60 to 64 hours a week 9.00 per hour right through ring
01457834243 any questions
Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch - 9 hours ago

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that’s dire I’m on £8.86 cat c upto 48 hours then 11/2 ot or 2x sundays
so I would earn more
when I pass I go up to £9.36 and same ot rates

Ive seen worse than that but whats the average for that area.

I was on £9.50 an hour fifteen years ago!!

Mickey mouse:

Hgv CLASS 1 DRIVER

Taking into account the time and a half the applicant won’t get it’s more like £7.71 per hour for 60 hours.

Colin_scottish:
Ive seen worse than that but whats the average for that area.

Not sure but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t nearer £10.00.

My van drivers are on £9.01, O/T after 40.

Why are you people not all out on strike ? In 1994 Tesco drivers were on 12 quid an hour, in 1997 I was getting 13 quid an hour.

I feel for you.

Pat Hasler:
Why are you people not all out on strike ? In 1994 Tesco drivers were on 12 quid an hour, in 1997 I was getting 13 quid an hour.

10 minutes reading all the bickering on here should answer that question, seems most drivers could fall out with their own shadow so no chance of them coming together for better pay/t&c’s :laughing:

I read a comment yesterday on here about a bloke slashing another guys curtains because he turned his fridge off during the night.

You couldn’t make it up. CLOWNS

Mickey mouse:

Hgv CLASS 1 DRIVER

What does it cost them to see if anyone bites? :laughing:

They will no doubt get applicants even at that wage.

However the age old phrase springs to mind - pay peanuts…

Most ‘own account’ companies (Tesco etc) can always pay more than general haulage, it was always so and probably always will be as they aren’t subjected to rate chopping or having the rates dictated to them by the customer. It was the same in the tipper section, drivers working for hauliers would be on less money than those driving for the quarrying companies doing exactly the same job on the same runs. That’s life!

Pete.

It is crazy. I just passed my class 1 and had 3 offers of full time work. 10, 10.5 and 11.5 hour. I did a couple of shifts for my agency at 12 and one Saturday for 14.

I was driving class 2 for 9.5 before that.

I am not from the UK and I never lived anywhere else other than London and now Birmingham(don’t feel sorry[emoji4]) so I don’t know much about income differences from area to area but it is so crazy people are driving class 1 for £8.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There seems to be a massive divide around the country where wages are concerned, we need 26 drivers ay my place in Avonmouth where 60 paid hours a week would gross you over £38,000.

Nobody ever turns up for an interview.

Aren’t the jobs advertised on the Jobcentre Plus website normally the low paid crap jobs, as they know anybody with the relevant qualification or experience on the jobseekers program has to apply for them? :question:

muckles:
Aren’t the jobs advertised on the Jobcentre Plus website normally the low paid crap jobs, as they know anybody with the relevant qualification or experience on the jobseekers program has to apply for them? :question:

This ^

Pat Hasler:
Why are you people not all out on strike ? .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
youtu.be/NPuccvF_p3o
Not a chance in hell.

Hasn’t Tesco more or less farmed out all their transport to companies like Grasmere and Stobarts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muckles:

Not to mention that failure to apply can result in a cancelling of benefits.

Mickey mouse:

Hgv CLASS 1 DRIVER

They will always get applicants whilst you have “newbies” needing the experience,Drivers who have been, shall we say abit “naughty” who struggle for work,and Drivers who will drive for “peanuts” as long as the are given a flash new motor at some point.
Nothing has alters much in the transport game