Mercedes actros fridge

Fridge doesn’t seem to be working , is there a switch somewhere for on/off or is it supposed to come on auto when engine is running?

Cheers.

Victa1:
Fridge doesn’t seem to be working , is there a switch somewhere for on/off or is it supposed to come on auto when engine is running?

Cheers.

On bank of switches above and to right of radio the one with snowflake on and when on should have red led on
Also check dial in fridge

blue estate:

Victa1:

Cheers.

On bank of switches above and to right of radio the one with snowflake on and when on should have red led on

Pretty sure i dont have that switch but will check when i go back , tried dial inside fridge but nothing , looks like what should be a digital temp above dial that isnt illuminated . I think if anythings got to be fixed it has to go to dealer .

Victa1:

blue estate:

Victa1:

Cheers.

Pretty sure i dont have that switch but will check when i go back , tried dial inside fridge but nothing , looks like what should be a digital temp above dial that isnt illuminated . I think if anythings got to be fixed it has to go to dealer .

what age is the truck ?
mine is a current model

Not sure on year as on private plate but a guess at 2014/15 one of the earlier ones anyway. Maybe a guess at fuse . Will try and have look when i go back . Not my job but saves sitting at dealers for hrs.

Common fault with these fridges is the loom breaks underneath the fridge where it slides in and out. Generally if the light doesn’t work inside it’s switched off or the loom is broken. :frowning:

Stupid place to stick a loom lol , never even had time to have a look . Put it on defect to be ignored as usual . Dont know what it takes to get stuff fixed . Spit the dummy out etc etc lol.

Victa1:

blue estate:

Victa1:

Cheers.

I sometimes drive a 13 plate Actros new model MP4, it has the switch on the dashboard to turn the fridge on and off, so if you’ve never had the fridge working try looking round the Dashboard.

If its an MP3, the switch is by your left knee, along with the air conditioning switch, not that easy to see unless you’re looking for it.

Yeh. Its on the dash and looks like it could be mistaken for the air con, but thats it. Also as I found out to my embarrassment, the 12v supply for phone chargers etc is also turned on/off by a switch on the dash. (WHY FFS)?
I`ve lived a long time but never once have I had the need to turn off the 12v socket on anything.

cheekymonkey:
Yeh. Its on the dash and looks like it could be mistaken for the air con, but thats it. Also as I found out to my embarrassment, the 12v supply for phone chargers etc is also turned on/off by a switch on the dash. (WHY FFS)?
I`ve lived a long time but never once have I had the need to turn off the 12v socket on anything.

Found it today could of swore it was a/c and was fridge all that time lol , save me carrying my own fridge back & forth . Ive only got 2 charger ports that work over on passenger side 12v & 24v think there’s about six all in .

Thanks for help guys :slight_smile:

Victa1:

cheekymonkey:

Found it today could of swore it was a/c and was fridge all that time lol , save me carrying my own fridge back & forth . Ive only got 2 charger ports that work over on passenger side 12v & 24v think there’s about six all in .

Thanks for help guys :slight_smile:

Did the switch look like this ?

[/quote]
Did the switch look like this ?

[/quote]
Yip lol , but was in row underneath card holder behind steering wheel , and never had big fridge sticker but a good idea :slight_smile: