Which Northern Irish/Irish firms have the most tangs?

Just curious to see which companies people on here reckon have the most tangs hauling for them nowadays

most likely itl end up as slimey sloweys mob once they take over dfds. :open_mouth:
though any of the donegal mafia will be in with a shout.in reality though itl be anyone of the mushroom brigade with basically any big mobs from the south that arnt swamped already with flipflops.all depends on your definition of a tang…you need to be on the midnight boat as your booked in at boucher for 2-30…keep er lit. etc etc etc…r u getting it handy bhoy… :wink:

A proper Tanger wears dealer boots and a chequred shirt , for the optimum look , a Scania jacket with V8 and the Griffin logo.

The Scania with a questionable speed limiter will go so fast, that when it over takes trolley dollies plobbers , it will blow off their sign writing.

The light on the back of the bunk will be so bright with the words of Scania 480 BHP V8, that airline pilots can navigate over Lockerbie.

The A75 from the M6 at Gretna to Dumfries and Stranaer is privately owned by the Tang.
If you have the audacity to use it , you will pushed over in to the hedge or verge for keeping her lit at 40 mph speed limit.

Its definitely going to be interesting Dieseldog to see what way DFDS is going to end up once it all becomes part of Manfreight, I reckon they could be a decent outfit to work for but time will tell. Is Slowey basically buying all their trailers and units off them and holding onto the subbies do you think? I agree with the mushroom brigade viewpoint like cause half of Morgan McLernons drivers still look like extras out of a John Wayne movie :laughing: I wear the odd checked shirt and have Super Hampton’s but I don’t live in them 24/7 thats for sure :laughing: That SR Refrigerated and O’Toole had some tangs on the boat there the other morning there heading on Dublin-Holyhead. Unfortunately I drive for a large Northern Irish firm and well over half of the drivers are flipflop like!

Would you say your a bit of a “Tanger” then Tobyabc1234?

Manfreight have the most bellends.
Hope this helps

hammertothefloor:
Its definitely going to be interesting Dieseldog to see what way DFDS is going to end up once it all becomes part of Manfreight, I reckon they could be a decent outfit to work for but time will tell. Is Slowey basically buying all their trailers and units off them and holding onto the subbies do you think? I agree with the mushroom brigade viewpoint like cause half of Morgan McLernons drivers still look like extras out of a John Wayne movie :laughing: I wear the odd checked shirt and have Super Hampton’s but I don’t live in them 24/7 thats for sure :laughing: That SR Refrigerated and O’Toole had some tangs on the boat there the other morning there heading on Dublin-Holyhead. Unfortunately I drive for a large Northern Irish firm and well over half of the drivers are flipflop like!

I believe that the majority of trailers that were used by DFDS were rented from Loan transport

ANY of the subbie drivers for MorganMc/McBurney/Agro/DFDS would be mostly fully paid up Tangs I’d guess!!!

Wonder what will happen McAlonan’s 25 or so traction V8s@ DFDS as him getting the loads faxed@ 5pm to “pick the cream” gonna come to grinding halt 1st Nov!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Very true Big Truck, they might go to the dogs if Manfreight doesn’t keep them on or offer them a decent rate, won’t get the cherry picking treatment no more either i’d assume. Will definitely be interesting to see how it all pans out like, Does anyone know if that means Manfreight is taking over that Sainsbury’s work and Argos too then?

Those subbies would nearly pay to do the job I think sometimes, never mind getting a wage at the end of the week lol, I love lorry driving and all but you have to draw the line somewhere about being too over the top about the whole operation!

hammertothefloor:
Very true Big Truck, they might go to the dogs if Manfreight doesn’t keep them on or offer them a decent rate, won’t get the cherry picking treatment no more either i’d assume. Will definitely be interesting to see how it all pans out like, Does anyone know if that means Manfreight is taking over that Sainsbury’s work and Argos too then?

Those subbies would nearly pay to do the job I think sometimes, never mind getting a wage at the end of the week lol, I love lorry driving and all but you have to draw the line somewhere about being too over the top about the whole operation!

Mate works on the DFDS Sainsburys contract,
They’re keeping it and Argos plus the tanker work as that’s the only contracts showing a profit!!!

Hear they’ve been onto Woodsides to see if they’d take the dry van work but nothing doing.

well a month from now,slimeyballs will once again have the most licked ■■■ in dargan docks.i worked sainsburys from stone and langlands for years and once my subby went ■■■■ up,the trnsport manager and his office lady were going to run it between them until they discovered just how little was left after working each truck 7 days solid…it was hardly just over a hundred quid,and itl be no better now.the way dfds works is to work you as a busy poor man…as you do the run for 6 month or a year and discover its pish and not paying,then you take over a different run as it looks better,then 6 month later it dawns on you its pish again and not worth doing.you will be paid short every month to keep you begging for scraps and so on.best being a driver for a subbie with no worries.

Big Truck:
They’re keeping it and Argos plus the tanker work as that’s the only contracts showing a profit!!!

Hear they’ve been onto Woodsides to see if they’d take the dry van work but nothing doing.

Think it is a long time since the whole operation made any money overall

Mazzer2:

Big Truck:

Think it is a long time since the whole operation made any money overall

Whatever way you look at it, Its a bloody sad time for road haulage that the rates are being cut so low cause of competition that no companies can make any considerable money anymore! DFDS seems to have just undercut everyone else by shafting their subbies but its biting them in the ■■■ now its safe to say lol

Think the taking over of JFM Haulage and taking on their truck finance and drivers wages has really bit their arse big time.

Sean Crawford did tell DFDS he was losing a fortune as a subby!!!

Whatever way you look at it, Its a bloody sad time for road haulage that the rates are being cut so low cause of competition that no companies can make any considerable money anymore! DFDS seems to have just undercut everyone else by shafting their subbies but its biting them in the ■■■ now its safe to say lol
[/quote]

The writing has been on the wall for a long time it is not hard to see why the two major players (Manfreight and MVH) in there are at the bottom of the wages league. Wages in most places have increased over the last year or two leaving those two even further behind.

well the 2 of them creamed the work with dfds before anyone else got a look in ,so they wont exactly be running tight,but they just shaft the drivers with wages,apart from the chosen few that are in with the bricks your definately just a seat kebab with a hi viz working for the 2 of them.

Cant keep up with all this new talk…wtf is a tang?

once again.
this is all you need to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=zuY3uy3YCJs

youtube.com/watch?v=8HqayP0aN2A

youtube.com/watch?v=XAEZU50976E&t=33s

this dude is a tang and dont know it.
youtube.com/watch?v=4mm_CVLidGQ&t=4s

Big Truck:

hammertothefloor:

Not a chance the tanker work is paying its way.

beefy4605:

Big Truck:

hammertothefloor:

Not a chance the tanker work is paying its way.

Tanker work available direct from Dale Farm too then!!! Lol