Just had the pleasure of

Self tipping at Aldi Atherstone.

Pretty painless really apart from waiting to be given a bay to go on.

Only had 6 pallets for them so done in a jiffy.

Can’t see why drivers moan so much about it other than I agree it shouldn’t be our job to tip it. But on the plus side it gets tipped as quick as you want it to be done.

Can’t say it really bothered me much having to do it myself.

simcor:
Can’t see why drivers moan so much about it other than I agree it shouldn’t be our job to tip it.

Answered your own question there then.
At some Co-op stores they want you to empty the cages so where do you draw the line.
A drivers jo is that to take load from a to b end of .

nick2008:

simcor:
Can’t see why drivers moan so much about it other than I agree it shouldn’t be our job to tip it.

At some Co-op stores they want you to empty the cages so where do you draw the line.

Depends…given the choice of-
A) Tip yourself and be in and out in 30mins
Or
B)Wait for a bay then wait to be tipped and in and out in anywhere upto 4 hours
I know which I’d prefer.

Never understood how Aldi get away with this. Every other company is paying to maintain Aldi’s bottom line and yet they put up with it. It’s being going on for at least 25 years to my knowledge, I suppose it’s become normal.

MickM

xichrisxi:

nick2008:

simcor:

Or
I know which I’d prefer.

That’s my philosophy given the situation even though I don’t think it’s right. As for stripping it down and sorting etc that would be a no go. Thankfully I had full pallets of all the same stock so no chance of being messed around like that.

One of our regular runs are garden centres around spain and some wont have a fork lift, they think nothing of hauling the staff out to all lend a hand handballing a load off. Last one i did was 12 tonnes of agg in 25kg bags and in 30 degree heat just wearing a pair of shorts and trainers you’ll sweat your arse off. Nothing wrong with self tipping, keeps you fit/strong and healthy and would much rather do it than sit in the cab doing nothing waiting to be tipped…

AndrewG:
One of our regular runs are garden centres around spain and some wont have a fork lift, they think nothing of hauling the staff out to all lend a hand handballing a load off. Last one i did was 12 tonnes of agg in 25kg bags and in 30 degree heat just wearing a pair of shorts and trainers you’ll sweat your arse off. Nothing wrong with self tipping, keeps you fit/strong and healthy and would much rather do it than sit in the cab doing nothing waiting to be tipped…

I’m with you Andrew. Use it or lose it. If some choose to sit in their cab eating pies and trying to bring the date of their heart attack nearer that’s their choice.
Maybe they do care about their health though, and prefer paying a gym rather than doing a little bit of work?
[emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I’m off there now, not been to a supermarket rdc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I’m with you Andrew. Use it or lose it. If some choose to sit in their cab eating pies and trying to bring the date of their heart attack nearer that’s their choice.
Maybe they do care about their health though, and prefer paying a gym rather than doing a little bit of work?
[emoji2]

‘‘Tis got nothing to do with it .
And whilst drivers and there is the magic word DRIVERS do warehouse staff work it won’t change.
When I did rope and sheet that was a bloody good workout I could be doing a load an hour ready for the next days delivery’s

nick2008:

simcor:

I suppose that is all down to the job description, if it involves self tipping and a driver takes the job he/she can’t moan about it at a later date, and it’s not as if the driver isn’t getting paid for doing it.
I deliver to both Aldi and Lidl just about to every day, and in over 20 years of doing them on and off I have never seen a driver refuse to tip his load, had plenty moan about it though.

It’s not self tipping that gets me it’s the fact they now want you to cut the wrap etc and bin it :open_mouth: and drivers do it,
I’m telling you now the next thing will be drivers taking all the wrap & cardboard & bands etc back with them so Aldi don’t have to dispose of them…
One driver will do it then another then it will become the norm… :frowning:

Having now been there, I can see why some will moan about it. I don’t have a problem dragging the pallets off the truck, what is a problem is fuss arsing around looking for product codes and grouping them together… to me it’s a load of pallets, what’s on them is none of my business. And no we’re not paid to do it, someone is getting the £50 Aldi pay but it certainly isn’t the transport company.

Nothing wrong with a bit of kerbside delivery, aslong as it stays as that. Im no labourer, and i wont be sorting your stock.

yorkshire terrier:
It’s not self tipping that gets me it’s the fact they now want you to cut the wrap etc and bin it :open_mouth: and drivers do it,
I’m telling you now the next thing will be drivers taking all the wrap & cardboard & bands etc back with them so Aldi don’t have to dispose of them…

that happend to me at swindon, they said you have to take the air bag stuffing, ok no problem,pulled of bay kicked bags on floor drove off, 2 weeks later back there, walk to hut , your rubbish is over there, me aint my rubbish mate, them if you dont take it you aint tipping,me it is not going on my container as i got reload , the other firm dont whant your ■■■■ so were you want to be, after some phone calls the had to keep there crap and despose of it

ben.blakemore:
what is a problem is fuss arsing around looking for product codes and grouping them together… to me it’s a load of pallets, what’s on them is none of my business.

Luckily I’ve only been there once in recent times, and it was a container load of toilet rolls. If it was different products, I certainly wouldn’t be sorting it into different lanes. They want it sorted then they can do it.

yorkshire terrier:

One of our drivers did Tesco at Goole. Box was emptied but they left a load of shrink wrap on the back. He went into the office asking where the bin was so he could get rid of the rubbish and the girl said “Not our rubbish so your not using our bins”. Fine.

He dumped it on the bay and left.

Franglais:

AndrewG:

[emoji2]

yes i have to agree, Think your average Trucknet member is a lazy fat ■■■■■■■■ who only time they want to move is to go and buy another pie, next they will want the warehouse staff to close the back doors or do real work like strapping the load down :laughing: :laughing: right im off to buy another pie after making all this effort tapping this reply out :blush:

elsa Lad:

Franglais:

AndrewG:

[emoji2]

yes i have to agree, Think your average Trucknet member is a lazy fat ■■■■■■■■ who only time they want to move is to go and buy another pie, next they will want the warehouse staff to close the back doors or do real work like strapping the load down [emoji38] [emoji38] right im off to buy another pie after making all this effort tapping this reply out :blush:

I’m glad you agree.
Bit more tapping away at the keyboard and you’ll blag some compensation for RSI.

Surprised no one has mentioned all the warehouse joba lost because of us working like slaves?

xichrisxi:

nick2008:

simcor:

Or
I know which I’d prefer.

Yep
Done Aldi, 35 minutes in and out.

I was at Amazon Coleville other week, 4 hours for 16 pallets.

So who’s costing my gaffer money, Aldi or Amazon?

Franglais:

elsa Lad:

Franglais:

AndrewG:

[emoji2]

yes i have to agree, Think your average Trucknet member is a lazy fat ■■■■■■■■ who only time they want to move is to go and buy another pie, next they will want the warehouse staff to close the back doors or do real work like strapping the load down [emoji38] [emoji38] right im off to buy another pie after making all this effort tapping this reply out :blush:

I’m glad you agree.
Bit more tapping away at the keyboard and you’ll blag some compensation for RSI.

Surprised no one has mentioned all the warehouse joba lost because of us working like slaves?

Best get on to our friendly where’s there a blame you can claim legal shark err I mean firm