Speeding seminar

Got a letter today offering me an option of a speeding seminar, so chuffed to bits. No points on my clean licence . I assumed doing 40 in a 30! limit would have prevented a seminar and would be an automatic fine and points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they no longer called a ‘speed awareness course’ ?

raymundo:
Are they no longer called a ‘speed awareness course’ ?

Your right they are called a speed awareness course. Seminar sounds better to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got lucky. I may stand to be corrected though but it may not prevent your employer from getting a letter from the TC notifying him that one of his minions has been naughty, even if you didin’t get caught whilst driving a lorry; and their card may also be marked for a while.

Been said before on here and I hope you know better anyway; but go along, turn up on time, play nicely and don’t try to be a smart-■■■ when you’re there.

Sidevalve:
You got lucky. I may stand to be corrected though but it may not prevent your employer from getting a letter from the TC notifying him that one of his minions has been naughty, even if you didin’t get caught whilst driving a lorry; and their card may also be marked for a while.

Been said before on here and I hope you know better anyway; but go along, turn up on time, play nicely and don’t try to be a smart-■■■ when you’re there.

I do feel lucky, but having held a clean licence for over thirty five years I feel this is deserved rather than lucky.

Be ready to be bored to the back teeth for 3 or 4 hours. I suppose it’s better than 3 points.

jamieh1990:
Be ready to be bored to the back teeth for 3 or 4 hours. I suppose it’s better than 3 points.

I think so too.

I bet this national conference of speeders is only open to the top speeders in the country.

xichrisxi:
I bet this national conference of speeders is only only to the top speeders in the country.

It is for special speeders such as myself, certainly not for everyone, top 3% only. :stuck_out_tongue:

Preston road here you come!!

HGV:

That’s the worse bit about it, I am going to pinch a car to go in and dump it nearby. Be inconspicuous as possible.

UKtramp:

HGV:

That’s the worse bit about it, I am going to pinch a car to go in and dump it nearby. Be inconspicuous as possible.

Haha i grew up on that estate, infact it was the street behind the freedom centre. As a kid i would watch them pull the nicked motirs out the drain.

I recomend tracksuit bottoms, hoodie and a cap.

Also maybe a staffie to top things off, just tie its lead on the bike rack outside ( or 1 of the wheels that still has a lock around it)

HGV:

UKtramp:

HGV:

Haha i grew up on that estate, infact it was the street behind the freedom centre.

I recomend tracksuit bottoms, hoodie and a cap.

Also maybe a staffie to top things off, just tie its lead on the bike rack outside ( or 1 of the wheels that still has a lock around it)

and then set fire to the car, what can be better.

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:
I bet this national conference of speeders is only only to the top speeders in the country.

It is for special speeders such as myself, certainly not for everyone, top 3% only. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not for special people as I’ve done one myself.

simcor:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not for special people as I’ve done one myself.

You may be more special than you think, bless

Sidevalve:

Complete tosh, I have been done for speeding in my car and a works truck and no letter to my TM from the Traffic Commissioner. And I work for a company where I would certainly know about it if it was the case.

UKtramp:

simcor:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

You may be more special than you think, bless

That means so much coming from you. Oh stop it I’m going to be blushing! [emoji23]

Don’t believe everything they tell you, on both my sessions I had to make them eat humble pie :wink:

nick2008:
Don’t believe everything they tell you, on both my sessions I had to make them eat humble pie :wink:

I am keeping a low profile whilst there, already got 1 years hard labour with Stobart, don’t want to push my luck for getting it doubled.

Actually it’s only the bottom 3% that get to meet up. The top end don’t get an invite just points and a fine, at least that’s all I got. :frowning: :frowning: