Weekend drinking limits

just been typing to an Owd pal of mine who because of the Weather, decided to have a day in on the lash,Now as it was Saturday night and no work Sunday he went through a bottle ofJD [with cocacola] and half a bottle of wine, Blinking heck i thought there was me getting pecked to death from her indoors for devouring a bottle of cheap Aldi Cotes du Rhone, got me thinking i thought that a bottle of wine was a lot but obviously not whats the general drinking habits nowerdays ?

I never drink because I don’t like any thing :blush:
So my limit is zero

Don’t give a ■■■■ anymore at wk.ends as I don’t do Mondays, which is handy if there is a good match on telly on a Sunday in the pub.
Through the week maybe a pint or two some nights with my tea, depending on how long I plan to have on my daily rest.

Cue the purists who will come on all shocked and stunned :open_mouth: , telling me that as a pro I should not drink through the week and that I must have alchoholic tendencies. :unamused: :smiley:

£16 for a litre of scotch out of Morrisons at the mo so quite a bit … :slight_smile:

here you go Rob, you alkie you :laughing:
I normally have a 12 pack of corona and 4 or 5 gins on a Saturday night and a few more beers on a Sunday depending on my Monday start time.

51jR-KhyO6L.UX385.jpg

The drink drive limit is too low in the UK.

keepthefaith:
just been typing to an Owd pal of mine who because of the Weather, decided to have a day in on the lash,Now as it was Saturday night and no work Sunday he went through a bottle ofJD [with cocacola] and half a bottle of wine, Blinking heck i thought there was me getting pecked to death from her indoors for devouring a bottle of cheap Aldi Cotes du Rhone, got me thinking i thought that a bottle of wine was a lot but obviously not whats the general drinking habits nowerdays ?

No way not a bottle of jd to himself, me and the missus are pretty ■■■■■■■■ drinkers, and a 70cl, bottle of jd on a non school night of course mixed with coke, pretty much writes us off until teatime the next day

Gallon on Friday
Gallon on Saturday
3 or 4 shortly

raymundo:
£16 for a litre of scotch out of Morrisons at the mo so quite a bit … :slight_smile:

Grouse and Grants £15 a litre in Sainsburys right now, bought the Christmas stock yesterday …

Martin:

raymundo:

Grouse and Grants £15 a litre in Sainsburys right now, bought the Christmas stock yesterday …

And started on it today :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only got Morrisons here and cant drive too far as ■■■■■■ lol ( not really but that’s what folk want to see)

Only got Morrisons here and cant drive too far as ■■■■■■ lol ( not really but that’s what folk want to see)

tachograph:

Not sure how you can make such an assertion as there is no single drink-drive limit across the UK…

Roymondo:

tachograph:

Not sure how you can make such an assertion as there is no single drink-drive limit across the UK…

Definitely not too low. Too high in my opinion. And before anyone starts digging at me, yes I do have a pint or two if parked up with mates during the week. Don’t drink anywhere near as much as I used to at the weekend.

■■■■■■ out me shed most Saturday eves, sober up all sunday. Some Saturdays I am only moderately ■■■■■■■ others I can’t stand up but not an alcoholic by any shot. Saturday night is more a social gathering, if we are not having a dinner party then I would happily have a glass of red with mrs tramp sat in the East Wing of the house, I can take or leave the stuff, tramping I am happy with a bottle of beer each evening with a meal and stop at that.

blue estate:
I never drink because I don’t like any thing :blush:
So my limit is zero

Much the same, very occasionally may have a bottle of sanmiguel or Corona but in the main it just gives me a headache so i avoid…

UKtramp:
■■■■■■ out me shed most Saturday eves, sober up all sunday. Some Saturdays I am only moderately ■■■■■■■ others I can’t stand up but not an alcoholic by any shot. Saturday night is more a social gathering, if we are not having a dinner party then I would happily have a glass of red with mrs tramp sat in the East Wing of the house, I can take or leave the stuff, tramping I am happy with a bottle of beer each evening with a meal and stop at that.

In the east wing? Is that end of the house where the drawing room is?

Just noticed the new avatar!! The Renaults gone… :frowning:

AndrewG:
In the east wing? Is that end of the house where the drawing room is?

Just noticed the new avatar!! The Renaults gone… :frowning:

The East wing offers the best views in the house Andrew, we can just sit back and look at the fruits of our labour (mine really) garden looks lovely in an evening all lit up, lake calm and still with the odd swan still floating around. Renaults gone and new beginnings with a Scania starting next week.

madmackem:

Roymondo:

tachograph:

Definitely not too low. Too high in my opinion. And before anyone starts digging at me, yes I do have a pint or two if parked up with mates during the week.

Well if that does happen you can deffo kick that into touch. :unamused:
I think the jobs turned to crap enough as it is over the yeare, without depriving the few of us left that aint lay by cab happy on a night out, of the social side of the job.

robroy:
Well if that does happen you can deffo kick that into touch. :unamused:
I think the jobs turned to crap enough as it is over the yeare, without depriving the few of us left that aint lay by cab happy on a night out, of the social side of the job.

Well lets hope they do kick the drinking into touch for the sake of those that are not allowed to stop for a ■■■■, make it easier on those ones.