Holy [zb]

Just a quick question.

How do you guys put things to the back of your mind, in particular when you’ve been witness to an accident and you thought that a kid that was in the car was a gonner till the mam pulled em from the car with just a bumped head?

I’ve seen accidents before and usually forgotten about em a few hours later but this one is really sticking in my head and actually makes me feel a little ill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available at:

Hope you have a great day

I worked the Police contract on recovery for a few years & no matter what you do, something always gets to you in the end.

A fireman handed me a phone no’ on a piece of paper. told me to ring it 24/7 if ever I felt the need to talk. When I eventually came across that need it turned out to be his personal no’.

There is no medicine you can take (please don’t resort to alcohol), there’s no operation, no training course, nothing that a neither a Doctor or a preacher can help you with.

All that you have is someone to talk it out with. I’m here 24/7 if you need me. Sometimes it helps more if it’s someone you know & sometiomes it really needs to be a total stranger.

I saw some pretty horrendous sights & for a long time I managed to not think too much about them, it was a ballet shoe that knocked me off course, followed shortly by a baby seat covered in blood.

Oh ■■■■■■■ hell even that’s making me feel ■■■■■■ up

Thanks I’m going to see how I feel by Friday and go from there thanks though fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available at:

Hope you have a great day

-------------- Mod Note -------------

Please stop putting advertising links in your posts.

tachograph

Dont hink its so easy to get over some of the sights recovery operators have to see, or indeed truck/car drivers in general, but Dork is right in that not many can help, except a friendly and understanding chat can help, of course hospital staff have the job of trying to sort out the mess if it can be done…i have witnessed some terrible accidents over the years, and i have panicked being the first on the scene, having a cuppa one minute, then seeing them go over a cliff when the roads were treacherous…certainly made me park up and see what i could do, another friendly face certainly helps.

truckyboy:
Dont hink its so easy to get over some of the sights recovery operators have to see, or indeed truck/car drivers in general, but Dork is right in that not many can help, except a friendly and understanding chat can help, of course hospital staff have the job of trying to sort out the mess if it can be done…i have witnessed some terrible accidents over the years, and i have panicked being the first on the scene, having a cuppa one minute, then seeing them go over a cliff when the roads were treacherous…certainly made me park up and see what i could do, another friendly face certainly helps.

my ex brother in law was a recovery driver [only for a couple of months]I know he had a screw loose cos he used to bring the wrecked vehicles with blood in them to us to show off,i told him where to go as it wasn’t the kind of thing I wanted to see,he and I nearly came to blows over it,what kind of sick individual would do that,fortunately my sis divorced him many years ago,still a scumbag though

These things happen every day and every hour, you just have to get on with life
Life is all about getting your teeth kick in its how you pick yourself back up and just get the hell on with it

That’s life.
Seen the dead seen the dying it move on cuppa tea and a doughnut till the next time.

Saw plenty when I was a paramedic. The personal things got me most - the teddy bear from the wife, the wedding pictures, etc.

The one that reduced me to tears that I still remember is the wife combing her dead husbands’s moustache after we’d tried to resuscitate him for over 30 minutes without success. And the RTA that killed a couple on the way to their daughter’s wedding - presents spread over the carriageway.

Think I’m suffering more now than I did then…

PW