Scotland to Leeds?

If go from Scotland to Leeds via A66 that about 106 miles but via M6-M62 about 140.What about time saving.Possible save some time via A66 or not■■?

You’ll save a load of time going A66. Going the long way around adds 45 minutes.

Shortest is via the A65.

Quickest is via the 66 …

There was a time when the potential speed advantage of using motorways outweighed any advantage of using A roads.That advantage has long since gone to the point where the motorway option is now often an inferior liability.

weeto:
Shortest is via the A65.

I go last week via A65.I not go anymore there.Simply to danger and to tight road in some gap.

Andrejs:

weeto:
Shortest is via the A65.

I go last week via A65.I not go anymore there.Simply to danger and to tight road in some gap.

FFS…pathetic :imp:

Andrejs:
If go from Scotland to Leeds via A66 that about 106 miles but via M6-M62 about 140.What about time saving.Possible save some time via A66 or not■■?

The only sensible way is via the 66. Unless it’s very windy or snowing… in which case via Newcastle. M62 is absolutely a no.

Carryfast:
There was a time when the potential speed advantage of using motorways outweighed any advantage of using A roads.That advantage has long since gone to the point where the motorway option is now often an inferior liability.

Agreed

I think you may mean Glasgow, not Scotland!

Munchkin:
I think you may mean Glasgow, not Scotland!

That’s more than 106 mile