Surefreight surefreight surefreight

Hi lads im on good money but hard work sheeting strapping especially when i do jumbo bags of potatoes sheet and strap as most work is flatbed steel ect with the company im with but struggling with my back as i have back problems worn discs. I ve a mate at surefreight running out of elton glass to burton on trent piece of doddle job curtainsider. He s on emergancy tax code as waiting for his p45 i ve spoke to 2 drivers work for surefreight they said take home is 580 sunday to thursday tramping . Theres general haulage from heysham too. I ll take pay cut to have a bit more of a life and easy work yes u hear rumours bad company lot companys ask u to work over your hours its rubbish they don t u work say 66 hours a week take 6 hours off in breaks. Hope theres some surefreight drivers on here to help me . My mate does 15 hrs sunday monday tuesday 12 wedensday 10 hrs thursday finish bout 1pm then home says £535 take home but he s on emergancy tax code

Who cares what any drivers are earning, why the need to tell the world ?

If you’re working 60 hours per week after breaks are taken off then you are working illegally.

Do you actually think that’s good money for Sunday to Thursday?

TiredAndEmotional:
If you’re working 60 hours per week after breaks are taken off then you are working illegally.

Depends. Counting clock to clock I normally get paid 65-70 hours a week but I can almost guarantee that at least 20 of those hours I’ll be on POA and another 10 on break so my working time is actually closer to 35-40 hours a week.

Doesn’t sound great. Especially if it’s Sunday’s too. Planning 15’s is a ■■■■■■ thing to do in my opinion, if they can do that then I think it tells you all you need to know about the company and it’s attitude towards drivers.
If my place did that shift pattern then I would take home 770. Thankfully though I’ve never done sundays or tramping, the odd Saturday on time and a half though.
Wage sounds similar to Stobarts package but that wasn’t a weekend one so can’t be great, on the plus side though you get the chance of a free ■■■■■■ off the M6 and a nice chat with some chaps at Walton Summit, Surefrieght have been in the last 3 times I’ve come down from Blackburn heading into Preston.
Oddly enough and slightly OT I usually see a Sawyers/Agro in there too but when they get a mention on here people always say they are one of the cleanest Irish operators and always legal, see them in at Todhills a bit too?

This is how i work its not illeagel
Example
Day hrs break poa wtd rtd
Sun 15 1.30 0 13.30 13.30
Mon 14 2.00 0.30 11.30 25.00
Tue 15 2.00 1.00 12.00 37.00
Wed 12 0.45 0 11.15 48.15
Thur 12.45 1.00 0 11.45 60.00
Fri off
Sat off 45 hrs off
Sun start bit later work 12 hrs

Norfolkinclue1:
Doesn’t sound great. Especially if it’s Sunday’s too. Planning 15’s is a [zb] thing to do in my opinion, if they can do that then I think it tells you all you need to know about the company and it’s attitude towards drivers.

Summed up exactly.
Why would anybody want to work max hours when there are easier jobs out there on similar money if prepared to look for them.
And why do some drivers view driver’s hours limits as either compulsory, or targets or both. :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:
Oddly enough and slightly OT I usually see a Sawyers/Agro in there too but when they get a mention on here people always say they are one of the cleanest Irish operators and always legal, see them in at Todhills a bit too?

Maybe they pay the price of association, being an Irish operator with the reputation some others have etc?

Norfolkinclue1:
Doesn’t sound great. Especially if it’s Sunday’s too. Planning 15’s is a [zb] thing to do in my opinion, if they can do that then I think it tells you all you need to know about the company and it’s attitude towards drivers.
If my place did that shift pattern then I would take home 770. Thankfully though I’ve never done sundays or tramping, the odd Saturday on time and a half though.
Wage sounds similar to Stobarts package but that wasn’t a weekend one so can’t be great, on the plus side though you get the chance of a free ■■■■■■ off the M6 and a nice chat with some chaps at Walton Summit, Surefrieght have been in the last 3 times I’ve come down from Blackburn heading into Preston.

Hi mate thanx my mate works 15 hrs sun mon tue about 12 weds about 9 thursday goes homd thursday about 1pm off till sunday got a bit of a life now stobbarts only pay 590 60 hrs i ve got all wages by email off them malcolms 550 net mon to fri tramping downtons don t fancy surefreight trucks serviced every 6 weeks they don t run illegal but got lot of agency drivers on. Your job is bloody good money mate my job is hard work mon to fri 550 net sunday to fri 650 net but up eyes in mud on salary but long hours most of time thanx mate

gothika:

Norfolkinclue1:

Hi mate thanx my mate works 15 hrs sun mon tue about 12 weds about 9 thursday goes homd thursday about 1pm off till sunday got a bit of a life now stobbarts only pay 590 60 hrs i ve got all wages by email off them malcolms 550 net mon to fri tramping downtons don t fancy surefreight trucks serviced every 6 weeks they don t run illegal but got lot of agency drivers on. Your job is bloody good money mate my job is hard work mon to fri 550 net sunday to fri 650 net but up eyes in mud on salary but long hours most of time thanx mate

My jobs is ok money mate, I was making the point that if I was to work those hours on my rate that’s what I would get, as a tramper on those hours I would have thought somewhere close to it would have been more acceptable.
It seems like it’s paying way less for a much harder job, you should, in my opinion, be on a lot more for tramping with a Sunday thrown in and those type of planned hours.
£650 plus night out plus meal allowance I could see as good but it’s this whole “package” thing that the likes of Stobart do to hide a tragic hourly rate that gets me.

toonsy:

TiredAndEmotional:

Depends. Counting clock to clock I normally get paid 65-70 hours a week but I can almost guarantee that at least 20 of those hours I’ll be on POA and another 10 on break so my working time is actually closer to 35-40 hours a week.

Your still at your place of work 65 - 70 hrs but because you take poa and breaks off you think your still on a good rate :unamused:

toonsy:

Norfolkinclue1:

Maybe they pay the price of association, being an Irish operator with the reputation some others have etc?

Yeah, to be fair I guess that’s easily done and no surprise from vosa, looking for an easy payday!

nick2008:

toonsy:

TiredAndEmotional:

Your still at your place of work 65 - 70 hrs but because you take poa and breaks off you think your still on a good rate :unamused:

Don’t think he mentioned rates

gothika:
This is how i work its not illeagel
Example
Day hrs break poa wtd rtd
Sun 15 1.30 0 13.30 13.30
Mon 14 2.00 0.30 11.30 25.00
Tue 15 2.00 1.00 12.00 37.00
Wed 12 0.45 0 11.15 48.15
Thur 12.45 1.00 0 11.45 60.00
Fri off
Sat off 45 hrs off
Sun start bit later work 12 hrs

To the minute. Handy that! You didn’t mention POA originally…

commonrail:

nick2008:

toonsy:

TiredAndEmotional:

Don’t think he mentioned rates

Thanks. I didn’t lol

I’m just saying it’s not unfeasible or illegal to be at work for that time.