Salisbury

Howdy folks,

Looking for a bit of advice. Got to go from Poole to Salisbury on Monday, which is the best way to go?

Spoke to some of the lads at work and they said that there is only 1 way in and 1 way out and to be careful of a low bridge?

Any advice would be great

Cheers

How high are you going to be running, where in Salisbury are you headed?

We’ll personally, if its a regular drop, then speak to your colleagues and ask them the best route.

A350 to blandford then A354 into salisbury will put you onto the ring road.
Or A31. A338 past Fordingbridge on to the A354 and ring road.
Both miss bridges northbound out of Salisbury is the A345 or the A360 to the A303. Everything else has a bridge on it.

I delivered a trailer to the central car park in Salisbury today and got a little worried as the place seemed to be littered in low bridges, one of them by the car park was only 2.7m/9.0ft :laughing:

Chances are you’ll be going to Churchfields Industrial estate. Just follow the clearly marked truck routes. I was running at 16’ and had to follow the tall lorry route, if you’re average hgv height you’re sent a better way avoiding the town. I was coming from the north and went down to Southampton and back up the A36, by far the best route in. Afterwards had to go to Poole and used the A338, it’s a reasonable route, perfectly fine for an HGV, a few branches I didn’t like the look of (had cars on but was down to 14’6" ish so no drama) but wouldn’t use that route at 16’.

mrginge:
I delivered a trailer to the central car park in Salisbury today and got a little worried as the place seemed to be littered in low bridges, one of them by the car park was only 2.7m/9.0ft :laughing:

I watched a luxury coach hit the underpass on the other side of that bridge. The underpass is 12ft. Made a hell of a bang. Scraped right up the glass.

If you’re under 14’3" you can exit Church fields and turn left > Mill rd > S Western Rd > Fisherton street. It’s not a great route as you’ve got a tight turn to get onto Fisherton street where you need to get right over and command the car drives. Most locals are used to it. I’ve done it in the past and it’s fine. Then take the A350 out of town.

Used to go A354 into Salisbury round the ring road then right at the island onto Exeter street past the school
Left at the White hart pub careful at the lights follow the road for about half a mile then left at the mini island into church fields ind estate.
As you come out back to the same mini island turn right keep going to the white hart pub straight over to the next lights turn right follow round to the lights left then back down Exeter street to the ring road.

Don’t you just love it… all this info to the OP and nobody knows exactly WHERE in Salisbury he is actually going. All he asked for was

“Looking for a bit of advice. Got to go from Poole to Salisbury on Monday, which is the best way to go?”

Cheers people, it’s churchfield ind est I’m heading btw

Thanks again

$$$:
If you’re under 14’3" you can exit Church fields and turn left > Mill rd > S Western Rd > Fisherton street. It’s not a great route as you’ve got a tight turn to get onto Fisherton street where you need to get right over and command the car drives. Most locals are used to it. I’ve done it in the past and it’s fine. Then take the A350 out of town.

Have they moved the A 350 then east then ? :confused: you mean A360 :wink:

blue estate:

$$$:

Have they moved the A 350 then east then ? :confused: you mean A360 :wink:

I might do. :laughing: