Working Time Regulations WTD

Hello all, i currently drive a Class 2 Vehicle and i am wondering what breaks i need to take if any after 12 hours of work. The scenario is, i have driven for 6 hours and done other work for 6 hours (so 12 hours) i have taken a 45 minute break under driving time regulations after 4.5 hours of driving. I will end up working more that 12 hours in total would i need to take a break after 12 hours under working time regulations? Thankyou.

It rather depends on how your working and driving time is spread across the day.

AnotherDriver:
Hello all, i currently drive a Class 2 Vehicle and i am wondering what breaks i need to take if any after 12 hours of work. The scenario is, i have driven for 6 hours and done other work for 6 hours (so 12 hours) i have taken a 45 minute break under driving time regulations after 4.5 hours of driving. I will end up working more that 12 hours in total would i need to take a break after 12 hours under working time regulations? Thankyou.

There’s no regulation that says you have to have a break after 12 hour working time.

However for the RT(WT)R you should not at any time in the shift do more than 6 hours working time without a break of at-least 15 minutes.

45 minutes break is enough to comply with the break rules for a shift of over 9 hours so it’s just the 6 hour rule you need to keep an eye on.