New Service

stream_img.jpegYou don’t need to wait in for your parcels any more- you can have them delivered straight through your front door

At least they missed the road signs and didn’t damage the grass :unamused:

Car sat nav said go straight on, I bet the driver was wearing a high viz which gives super human powers .Absolutely a Muppet of the highest order, tea and biscuits with Beverly Bell, put the licence in the shredder.

Sorry mate wrong address its the one next door you want

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Toddy2:
0You don’t need to wait in for your parcels any more- you can have them delivered straight through your front door

what you done that for si

Leans out of cab window…”scuse me mate,couldn’t sign for this parcel could you for next door” :smiley:

Just following instructions mate, it says “Leave in porch”!

toby1234abc:
Car sat nav said go straight on, I bet the driver was wearing a high viz which gives super human powers .Absolutely a Muppet of the highest order, tea and biscuits with Beverly Bell, put the licence in the shredder.

Tea and biscuits in the lounge.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Poor sod was trapped in his cab for 2 hours before they got him off to hospital

How the heck did he / she get it all the way across there without a mark on the grass? Usually touch it with one wheel and its gouged out a great lump unless it was absolutely flying over.

Do we know how they ended up there - medical or just not paying any attention?

Toddy2:

You mean he was scared to come out in case he died of embarrassment!

Top customer service, excellent… :smiley:

northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ … -1-8205192

Neighbour stated as saying it was very foggy when it happened. So combination of fog and driving too quick on in the fog.

Truck came down the road to the trucks junction with the house opposite, and straight into the house.

No one was in at the time, the house had just been sold to the guys son very recently.

The house has extensive damage and the truck driver had to be freed from the truck as his leg/s were trapped.

As a side note, a good idea to use a Sat nav in thick fog even when you know the roads well.

Helps to give perspective of which way the road bends and how close to junctions or roundabouts you are when fog visibility is really bad. Giving you time to anticipate something you can’t see even at slow speeds.

I nearly went through a hedge in bad fog in my first or second year of driving in my car. At a T junction on a lane I knew really well. Could have been a lot worse but I stopped at last second and was probably only travelling about 20mph at the time as the fog was so bad.

Oh and for the usual TNCSI figuring out what happened without the full details.

Maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions so easily.

No mention of the driver being arrested for it as yet I can find.

How quick you would have to hit it to damage the truck so you need to be released I don’t know so can’t really say speed was a big factor. Either way 44 ton assuming it was at full weight and it was loaded, even at a slow speed would certainly do a fair bit of damage to a house.

Toddy2:

Well, I hope he used the POA button and not rest. No excuses for false printouts.

The force of over shooting the runway has moved the house back.
It is now not safe to go near it or live in it.
The father said he had previous problems with drivers, but doesn’t elaborate what he means, with damage to power lines, kerbs, garage doors and pavements .
Is that why Dad flogged the house to his son.
Surprised nobody has said this yet, the driver had injured his legs by being trapped, so does that mean that he will have a LIMP.
I thought you drive to the conditions, to not see that give way due to fog is no excuse.
I have seen how parcel carrier firms drive around like a headless chicken.

simcor:

How quick you would have to hit it to damage the truck so you need to be released I don’t know so can’t really say speed was a big factor. Either way 44 ton assuming it was at full weight and it was loaded, even at a slow speed would certainly do a fair bit of damage to a house.

It was foggy and he was driving too quick for the conditions. It’s not ■■■■■■■ rocket science! :unamused:

TiredAndEmotional:

simcor:

It was foggy and he was driving too quick for the conditions. It’s not [zb] rocket science! :unamused:

So you were there,were you??

Punchy Dan:

Toddy2:
0You don’t need to wait in for your parcels any more- you can have them delivered straight through your front door

what you done that for si

Slow news day Dan