Motorway closures

What happened today? M25 closed for hours this morning, M40 closed this afternoon, then the M4 closed, still ongoing, this evening. On top of it being the beginning of half term, combined they added another 6 hours to my, & I guess many others’, day.

Leading on from this though I’ve discovered an interesting part of the Highways Agency website detailing what has caused main closures in the past: http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information/traffic-information-services/highways-england-post-incident-bulletin/2016-post-incident-bulletins/, not up to date, seems to be done at the end of the month, but some might find it interesting how they justify the time taken.

Thanks for the…

Link but, I’m not gonna use it.

My guess is that the true reasons such as, wheelbarrow had puncture, cones the wrong shade of orange or the handle fell off my coffee mug wouldn’t get published.

M25 this morning was 2 artics and a van.reOpened around 10am.I joined the que at 5.40.They opened a couple of lanes 2hrs later to let us through.Van looked a right mess.No idea of the injuries though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My answer is, for those that can in the haulage industry to give Fridays a swerve and work Sunday to Thursday instead. Its how I try to work these days. That or nights.

The time a few months back it took me 8 hours to get from Southampton Docks to South Wales was the last Friday day shift I worked.

I’m done with Fridays.

Night time is the right time, apart from a few road closures and a few diversions if you have miles to make, its red light district all the way.