Trucker Jay and his class one

Seen on another forum,must of skipped his uncoupling training before he headed out onto the road…
From 15 mins-
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqrZMDgSWY
Good job he wasn’t on a slope given that he didn’t even bother at all with the trailer brake.

Never watch his videos but watched the one here. In the comments its pointed out to him and he does at least hold his hands up to it.
Every day is a learning day.

First impressions for me where that our Jay was driving nicely a good gap between traffic in front and steady, safe progress.

Then things went a bit downhill.

Backing on a bay, this will come Jays almost at the point of it all falling into place, not quite there yet but if your reading this Jay focus on your middle axle when reversing, this pivot point is a good guide on where your trailers heading, also a bit more focus on your starting position.

Now then OMG the trailer drop, Jay you need to show how bad this was at a future date.
How many of us where screaming Noooo when he undid the clip and pulled the pin first.
Then I thought OK at least he won’t do the airlines next, fork me he did, then legs and not sure if the trailer brake was ever applied.

Jay I will give you a tip here that may save your life or someone around you.
When dropping and picking up trailers STOP FILMING, focus 100% on what your doing.

If you dropped a trailer like that on an assesment drive with me I would have to send you packing.

To be fair the moment you reached for the pin I would ask you if your sure that is the correct way and just maybe give you chance to sort yourself out.

That was quite impressive, pulling the pin first and then taking the lines off :laughing: :laughing:

People get all worked up about different ways of remembering the correct or safe way to uncouple ‘BLACK’ etc. Why not just train people to put the legs down first (Uncouple) or wind them up last (Coupling) because as we all know trailer brakes are optional.

I also enjoy other parts of video where he just calls everyone a ■■■■ for parking somewhere, walking near him, talking to him etc

The crying fox on Youtube is still the better person for advice and training :wink: .

And how ■■■■■■ off will the guy who comes to collect the black trailer next to him be given he’d left him absolutely no room to get the handle out to wind his legs up :smiley:

Well I am not known for pulling other drivers down, in all fairness to him, he is no worse than any of us where in his reversing skills, they will naturally get better with time as it did for us all so no problems with his driving in general, he is rather stupid filming it though, there is no excuse for the trailer drop, that was just to silly for words, it also made me wonder who has employed him and what kind of assessment has he had? If you compare him to the fatfox then I would say Jay would be ahead of his ability as that high pitched screaming lunatic should certainly be hanging up his keys and go back to cooking. I would say Jay is purely foolish and would hope he learns to pick up and drop a trailer in the correct way or he will be in deep ■■■■. I rarely speak to anyone whilst doing either and if I do, I then double check everything again. No excuse for this part of the video and my other question would be, why even film this critical part of the job in the first place? The parking of the trailer, once again is ridiculous to leave it like that as we all know everything has a domino effect after that. Just a bad video in my opinion and should not have been uploaded.

Maxi haulage methinks by the writing on that trailer

I’ve been watching young Jay for a couple of months now. From class 3 to class 1 and I think the lads done good in his short time as a class 1. Yep he dropped a major clanger. The type of which has cost lives in the past. But its not something I haven’t done myself once or twice. So fairs fair.

Instead lets give Jay some credit. He is an accomplished content creator and could easily of edited that bit out. Made like it never even happened. But he’s left it in the clip which shows he’s prepared to take the flak which will obviously come as a result of such a glaring gaffe.

No one got hurt. Lesson learnt. Tomorrows another load.

Scribe:
I’ve been watching young Jay for a couple of months now. From class 3 to class 1 and I think the lads done good in his short time as a class 1. Yep he dropped a major clanger. The type of which has cost lives in the past. But its not something I haven’t done myself once or twice. So fairs fair.

Instead lets give Jay some credit. He is an accomplished content creator and could easily of edited that bit out. Made like it never even happened. But he’s left it in the clip which shows he’s prepared to take the flak which will obviously come as a result of such a glaring gaffe.

No one got hurt. Lesson learnt. Tomorrows another load.

Getting a bit carried away with that statement fella, an accomplished creator?

Scribe:

Instead lets give Jay some credit.

I would if his Youtube channel wasn’t rammed full of him driving like a twunt creating incidents that didn’t need to happen then blaming everyone but himself. Personally if I’d been his employer seeing his videos he’d not have a job.

Worst part is he seems to have a following of equally inept pillocks who seem to think that he can do no wrong. No doubt they have a string of fines and claims to their driving history too.

UKtramp:
Getting a bit carried away with that statement fella, an accomplished creator?

I make a point, when using TruckNet, not to get involved with the Trolls. If your opinion, of my opinion, is negative? I don’t care. Feel free to show the gathered throng what an accomplished creator looks like. :smiley:

Conor:
Worst part is he seems to have a following of equally inept pillocks who seem to think that he can do no wrong. No doubt they have a string of fines and claims to their driving history too.

Almost 30 years in the chair and I appeared before South Wales TC once. in 1998. Today my license is clean so clearly your ‘opinion’ is flawed.

But lets not fixate on the negatives. Its Friday. Have a good weekend all.

He is not hiding anything .the mistakes happen to everyone.I’m glad he posted it to highlight the mistakes.Hes a great vlogger and very good for this crappy industry imo.
He knew he made the mistakes and I bet he makes a video of the correct way soon…

Tramp bloke .Jay has 15k + subs ,So yeah he is creating good content .It Is far more interesting than all the drivel co pilot and fridge reviews off you :laughing:
I thank you for checking my grammar afterwards .

Beetlejuice:
It Is far more interesting than all the drivel co pilot and fridge reviews off you :laughing:

Ah the mist clears. :laughing:

If you take the time to read Jay’s comments on his YouTube vids you will get a much fairer representation of what people think of his output. It is on the whole very positive. So maybe we could all learn something from him? I know I certainly could.

If your content isn’t bringing in the subscribers? Don’t get angry. Get better. :grimacing:

Funnily enough I had a youtube channel, although I had over 30k of subscribers and a growing list, I still pulled the plug on it as what you have to realise is the subscriber base is no indication of the type of viewers that you want nor is it a true reflection or indication of your channel doing well. Youtube is a good media in some respects but posting crap like that is pure irresponsible. I had already stated that we all make mistakes but you don’t upload a video of you making a dangerous action that could be viewed by your employer. Most of his subscriber base will be none drivers and mainly kids as no driver in the right mind would subscribe to the garbage he posts, likewise you as a fan is very questionable that you are not a driver either. A silly statement saying you have been up in front of a traffic commissioner once in a 30 year career is also a silly statement to make. I have never been in front of a traffic commissioner in my life and why the hell would I be proud of saying I had. I assume you subscribe to fatasafox too, it all figures.

Beetlejuice:
Hes a great vlogger and very good for this crappy industry imo.

He isn’t good for this industry at all, he does nothing but confirm people’s views that truck drivers are bullies and dangerous on the road.

I can see why you guys have post counts in the thousands. Let it go boys. :smiley:

UKtramp:
Funnily enough I had a youtube channel, although I had over 30k of subscribers and a growing list, I still pulled the plug on it as what you have to realise is the subscriber base is no indication of the type of viewers that you want nor is it a true reflection or indication of your channel doing well. Youtube is a good media in some respects but posting crap like that is pure irresponsible. I had already stated that we all make mistakes but you don’t upload a video of you making a dangerous action that could be viewed by your employer. Most of his subscriber base will be none drivers and mainly kids as no driver in the right mind would subscribe to the garbage he posts, likewise you as a fan is very questionable that you are not a driver either. A silly statement saying you have been up in front of a traffic commissioner once in a 30 year career is also a silly statement to make. I have never been in front of a traffic commissioner in my life and why the hell would I be proud of saying I had. I assume you subscribe to fatasafox too, it all figures.

Chatting ■■■■ again … :unamused: :laughing:

Conor:

Beetlejuice:
Hes a great vlogger and very good for this crappy industry imo.

He isn’t good for this industry at all, he does nothing but confirm people’s views that truck drivers are bullies and dangerous on the road.

I thought you left trucking to become a tax advisor ?

Beetlejuice:
He is not hiding anything .the mistakes happen to everyone.I’m glad he posted it to highlight the mistakes.Hes a great vlogger and very good for this crappy industry imo.
He knew he made the mistakes and I bet he makes a video of the correct way soon…

You cannot be serious? Also who the hell in their right mind would drive into a truck stop with a camera attached to their head, its bloody embarrassing that’s what it is, certainly not good for this industry and it is “crappy” in your words because of people like this in the first place.