Trucker Jay and his class one

jaylea:
Read some of the comments on here but going bed so I’ll read the rest later. Well yes I did major mess up, however I’d like to explain how it happened. And also Not I’m stopping doing videos for at least 6 months with exception to promotional, ones already uploaded but not published and one more video to point out how I messed up and point out how dangerous it could have been.

It was news to me when I saw comments on the YouTube channel I genuinely. Didn’t know I had messed up. I passed my test a year ago then didn’t use it til recently I was taught BLANK break legs air number plate king pin. I genuinely got it mixed up also I thought when the handbreak was on the trailer breaks were on. Nobody explained to me that it’s not the case. So I thought the trailer wouldn’t go anywhere. When your instructor lets you practise while he’s on the phone probably didn’t help. Hold my hands up [zb] up but certainly won’t do that ever again.

So I’ll make another video to show how I messed up and that it was pointed out to me by people on YouTube. Then I’ll not be doing videos.

Yeah. I was watching it and reading Dipper Dave’s bit I thought you had got (N)BLACK back to front.

I used to think of the “what will kill you” each time I moved a control/lever/airline when yoking up or dropping.

So before disconnecting/connecting suzies, used to think “is the trailer brake set, will this squash me?”

Before pushing in the trailer brake after yoking up "is the lock bar across on the fifth wheel and is the unit park brake on - I’ve put the red airline on, will moving this brake in set this rolling?

Etc etc…

Understanding why you’re doing each step is important. Pausing before doing anything takes the habit out of it. A medical expression used in theatre to promote thinking rather than rushing in and cocking up “don’t just do something, stand there!” Just a tip.