Police convoy yesterday or Wednesday heading north m1

Saw an interesting convoy heading north on m1 around Leicester. First a marked police x3 passed with “convoy stay back” flashing in rear window then like 3 mins later the convoy shot past, it was 1 or 2 marked police cars and one unmarked I think, but amazingly their was 2 dark blue short wheel based ridgid 6 wheelers with tail lifts in the middle. These were like shortened 26 tonners. I was doing 56 and the whole convoy shot past doing 80+mph with the trucks in fast lane. Was pretty impressive seeing the ridgids fly past at that speed and left me wondering what they must be carrying ?! I think perhaps gold bullion or cash ? Did anyone else see it ?

I seen it near Mansfield - was wondering what they were carrying. I only spotted 3 marked cars though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinka:
Saw an interesting convoy heading north on m1 around Leicester. First a marked police x3 passed with “convoy stay back” flashing in rear window then like 3 mins later the convoy shot past, it was 1 or 2 marked police cars and one unmarked I think, but amazingly their was 2 dark blue short wheel based ridgid 6 wheelers with tail lifts in the middle. These were like shortened 26 tonners. I was doing 56 and the whole convoy shot past doing 80+mph with the trucks in fast lane. Was pretty impressive seeing the ridgids fly past at that speed and left me wondering what they must be carrying ?! I think perhaps gold bullion or cash ? Did anyone else see it ?

Please keep up at the back,your question has been asked a number of times in previous threads.
Its a frequent convoy,not just a one off, of bullion / cash.

It’s seen regularly on theA1, stops at Grantham services for a comfort break, they will move trucks to give it room to stop, no ifs no buts, or I’m on a break.

lolipop:

Stinka:

Please keep up at the back,your question has been asked a number of times in previous threads.
Its a frequent convoy,not just a one off, of bullion / cash.

I did a search. Nothing recent. Only just started posting and reading again since passing class 1 last week :wink:

Saw similar in Watford yesterday lunchtime, it came off the M1 at J5 and was heading in towards Watford. 4 police motorbikes, one car, then a green artic with what looked like an outside broadcast trailer (also green) with one or two small windows followed by another police car, and a few cars back was a paramedic car but that may not have been part of the convoy.
Back of the trailer had blue flashing lights set into the light clusters, can only think of police horses in transit but why the convoy?

The police horse boxes have ‘Police Horses’ written all over them so wasn’t them

That’s as said the money run .
It was a monthly occurrence in Bristol when they came into the Lloyds holding just opposit St NICHOLAS church across from the old Courage brewery.

The convoy has been going on for years the police that ■■■■■■ them normally have city police on the car doors I believe that is one of there main jobs running out of the city of London up and down the country with bullion i have also read one of the lorrys in the convoy is mt either a decoy or a back up truck sometimes the police helicopter is with them

Any of these convoys could also just be training exercises.

GORDON 50:
Any of these convoys could also just be training exercises.

Er no.

They are a grumpy lot and they get very nervous, when you approach them. It’s the covert car you need to be weary of.

There is a difference between a plain unmarked and a covert car.

It’s NOT gold bullion. There is NO requirement for the guv’m’nt to move gold around the country.

On this occasion It’s £cash banknotes heading for Leeds, there are a few other destinations which is why they are seen in other areas of the country. It is frequent, but for obvious reasons it is not done at a set time or day. There are 2x 4 wheeler trucks & both are loaded, the spare backups are a part of the covert ■■■■■■.

How much are they carrying? I reckon as much as £500 million.

As has been said . . . It is the covert ■■■■■■ that you need to worry about.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102640

Be prepared for a brain implosion by the time you reach the last page :smiley:

Pffft 80+mph.

Wheres the nearest boat?

This looks like what I saw (hope the link works)

youtu.be/qZa8sNEEMlI

They were broke down on the 62 last summer, by Castleford way, surrounded by armed police on the HS.Must of been 15/20 bizzies with guns.

Nothing to worry about…just RIKKI`s wages being delivered. :smiley: