Driver fined for running out of fuel

…on the M1.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … etrol.html

A mother was fined for driving without due care and attention after running out of petrol and coming to a stop on a busy motorway.

The woman left her children ‘hysterical with fear’ after her black Volvo XC90 stopped between junction 28 and 29 northbound.

The car ran out of fuel and stopped in an active lane as there was no hard shoulder, .

The woman had only just passed the Tibshelf service station, in Derbyshire, and she was fined and reported for driving without due care and attention.

Derbyshire Roads Police tweeted: ‘M1. 5.30am runs out of fuel with family in vehicle. Two near misses in the live lane & kids hysterical with fear. Unacceptable. #Ticket

A Derbyshire Police spokesman said: 'Motorways are obviously high volume, high speed roads and the risks posed by coming to an avoidable stop are huge.

‘Luckily there were no injuries but the potential for a serious collision was clear.’

We share the road with these people!

Serves her right. I’m just glad her stupidity didn’t cause any injuries

Shouldn’t be allowed a driving licence, no excuse for running out of fuel on a motorway. Not difficult to ensure you have sufficient fuel for your journey.

Lucky there wasn’t an accident and her and her children seriously hurt or worse.

^ +1 the above comments. Dopey Mare! :unamused:

Smart motorway…brainless divvy user…

Are they still fining double decker drivers for being in lane 1 when lane 2 is closed at the dartford crossing northbound?

Does anyone get fined for pulling into “Emergency Only” pull-ins on so-called “Smart Motorways”?

If Stupidity is about to be cracked down upon, then perhaps we might get back to decent traffic levels again, rather than the rat race it seems to be around the clock these days. :unamused:

Not like our police force to make a drama out of a crisis.
A ‘tweet’ FFS…

The woman’s husband must shoulder some of the blame for not fueling the car up, omg bet he is getting GBH of the earholes from her.

To be fair she shouldn’t be driving his car in the first place…

Dipper_Dave:
A ‘tweet’ FFS…

The woman’s husband must shoulder some of the blame for not fueling the car up, omg bet he is getting GBH of the earholes from her.

I think your comments are a little unfair on the husband D_D, we do not know the full story, perhaps he gave her the petrol money and she decided to keep it and treat herself instead. Maybe he did put petrol in the car and she has driven beyond her allowance thus running out of fuel. Lots of reasons why he may not shoulder some of the blame. Another twist in the tale could be that she has taken his car without his consent whilst he was at work and innocently assumed she was at home making the tea or just the normal housework. I always thought a bottle of milk was £20 up until recently. Tricky chaps are women.

My daughter drives a BMW X5, and although her wealthy hubby brought it for her she rarely runs out of fuel.
When she does our local constabulary are only to happy to help although being gorgeous and of a high gene quality (like her old man) this is understandable.

One time when she ran out of fuel our local police man even gave her a lift to work at spearmint rhino.

Dipper_Dave:
My daughter drives a BMW X5, and although her wealthy hubby brought it for her she rarely runs out of fuel.
When she does our local constabulary are only to happy to help although being gorgeous and of a high gene quality (like her old man) this is understandable.

One time when she ran out of fuel our local police man even gave her a lift to work at spearmint rhino.

LOL :grimacing: I knew I’d see you somewhere before. :grimacing:

simcor:
Shouldn’t be allowed a driving licence, no excuse for running out of fuel on a motorway. Not difficult to ensure you have sufficient fuel for your journey.

Lucky there wasn’t an accident and her and her children seriously hurt or worse.

Well ,all can say if she had been in a plane she would not be here !

toshboy:
]

Well ,all can say if she had been in a plane she would not be here !

Of course she wouldn’t, travelling at average plane speeds I estimate that she’d be somewhere mid Atlantic.

Non event really, people drop bollock’s every day.

What made it life threatening was there being no hard shoulder on a road that was designed for one, would have been no different if she had a puncture or broke down.

Many accidents are going to result from the so called smart (which is anything but) motorways.

Juddian:
What made it life threatening was there being no hard shoulder on a road that was designed for one, would have been no different if she had a puncture or broke down.

Why do you think hard shoulders make a difference ?
lep.co.uk/news/traffic-offic … y-1-100130
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-41363555
Just try googling Hard shoulder fatalities before spouting bollox.

standard.co.uk/news/london/ … 29376.html

1. Woman runs out of fuel, unnecessary and poor planning/driving
  2. Dumb ■■■ runs in back of them, unnecessary and poor planning/driving
    Then we get to option 3 lack of hard shoulder if unavailability of refuge area.
    Then option 4. Car/driver wiped off hard shoulder.

Out of fuel especially on motorways should be treated as driving without due care (unless a faulty fuel gauge is later proven).

She has been charged with DWDC&A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedyguy:

Juddian:

Jesus wept

Juddian:

speedyguy:

Juddian:

Jesus wept

You going for the sense of security option ■■ Doesn’t work in a lot of cases.

simcor:

Really i drive 100% gas trucks and the gauges work on gas pressure which is unreliable we go on what range the company feels is achievable to get us there and back sometimes its squeeky bum time the needle can be buried in the red and still go for another 60 to 80 miles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Probably to busy on her phone to notice a big ■■■■ off petrol pump on her dash.

Dipper_Dave:
A ‘tweet’ FFS…

Maybe the Saudis had it right all those years… :grimacing: