Why don't companies employ there own doctors

I tried to book a doctors appointment at my local gp in Grantham to be told we’ve no appointments until the end of November :exclamation: , but if you ring at 8 in morning we can maybe get you in with nurse practioneer , no i saw her the other day and she said I need to see a doctor , ok , right do you want a phone consultation with a doctor , I guess so , so he rings up and we go through a, b, c and he says you need to see a doctor to see what the best plan of action is , I already zb know that I need a mri scan to know exactly what is wrong , nurse practioneer agreed , she said will get one sorted , pyhsio agreed , said it was on my notes .
Sorry a nurse practitioner can’t book you in for one , only a doctor can , you need to book a appointment , but I can’t get one until the end of November , that’s 5/6 weeks away :exclamation: , book yourself in and we will discuss the best course of action at your appointment , but 5/6 weeks to appointment then x amount of time until Mir scan It could be next year until I find out what’s wrong , what am I supposed to do for a sick note , I’ve done one until the 27 th of this month .
It’s beyond a bloody joke , this surgery was always spot on , ring up previous day and you’d get one the following day , since this avalanche of bloody foreigners they can’t bloody cope , special measures , 6 bloody weeks for a appointment , go to out of hours at hospital and they just refer you back to your doctor
Works been great but asked if after 6 weeks how was I , same , did I have a rough idea when I’d be back , next year I’m guessing
I’m sure when I worked at rolls Royce they had a medical dept , maybe doc / nurse you could see , think in future firms will have to do the same

dozy:
I tried to book a doctors appointment at my local gp in Grantham to be told we’ve no appointments until the end of November :exclamation: , but if you ring at 8 in morning we can maybe get you in with nurse practioneer , no i saw her the other day and she said I need to see a doctor , ok , right do you want a phone consultation with a doctor , I guess so , so he rings up and we go through a, b, c and he says you need to see a doctor to see what the best plan of action is , I already zb know that I need a mri scan to know exactly what is wrong , nurse practioneer agreed , she said will get one sorted , pyhsio agreed , said it was on my notes .
Sorry a nurse practitioner can’t book you in for one , only a doctor can , you need to book a appointment , but I can’t get one until the end of November , that’s 5/6 weeks away :exclamation: , book yourself in and we will discuss the best course of action at your appointment , but 5/6 weeks to appointment then x amount of time until Mir scan It could be next year until I find out what’s wrong , what am I supposed to do for a sick note , I’ve done one until the 27 th of this month .
It’s beyond a bloody joke , this surgery was always spot on , ring up previous day and you’d get one the following day , since this avalanche of bloody foreigners they can’t bloody cope , special measures , 6 bloody weeks for a appointment , go to out of hours at hospital and they just refer you back to your doctor
Works been great but asked if after 6 weeks how was I , same , did I have a rough idea when I’d be back , next year I’m guessing
I’m sure when I worked at rolls Royce they had a medical dept , maybe doc / nurse you could see , think in future firms will have to do the same

A GP can earn £100k.

Not sure that many fancy working for a tenner an hour…

And they want to be home on a Friday

Rolls Royce could afford it, most companies struggle with a first aid kit…

The Co you work for may just be better off employing an optician tbh. That way we just may not be swamped by so many pictures of your glorious team delivering bridges all around the country.

Push Doctor. Costs a few quid but you will get your note straight away

dozy:

Employing a Company Doctor would depend on how many people work for the Company and how much it would cost.
More often than not its cheaper for the Company to make arrangements with a local Medical Centre or a semi retired Doctor to make on site visits once or twice a week in a First Aid room.
Excluding Fridays :wink: :laughing:

Not being able to see a doctor seems to be a nationwide problem. Perhaps you should write to your practice telling them they are a useless shower of ■■■■■ and to remove you from their books. Then dial 111 the NHS helpline and tell them you need to see a doctor urgently but are not registered at one. You should get an appointment same or next day.

How did I guess this was a dozy thread and I hadn’t seen the first post and being it’s tapa talk I only see current reply

A dozy quote by Dozy … ‘‘since this avalanche of bloody foreigners they can’t bloody cope’’

Do you mean ‘‘avalanche of bloody foreigners’’ who are doctors, nurses and the like ■■? :unamused: :unamused:

dozy:

Try the medical centre opposite tesco express. …

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Our surgery, infact both in the town, have been like this for ages, and we have no foreigners here. However around 300 new homes are under construction so things will get worse. Our GP’s only work for two or three days a week in shifts anyway and the surgery is closed at weekends so getting an appointment isn’t easy. When I wanted my HGV medical the receptionist told me that they couldn’t do them anymore as appointments are only for ten minutes duration, however I spoke to the doctor and he slotted me in for half an hour.

Pete.

dozy:

Bit of a come down from building Trent engines, to being a green goblin

WIthout the “foreigners” the NHS would be non existent,English people don’t want to work within the NHS anymore because of the poor pay & conditions…it’s also ironic your statement given the fact that I bet your GP is “foreign” too.

When you work it out, Stobart give their employees £100 towards your medical, they employ aprox 5000 drivers so if you do the maths it would probably work out that they could employ a doctor, ABP have their own doctors and nurses. So it isn’t really that far fetched that Stobart could employ their own, couple the drivers up with all the other staff that employ that also require medicals, train drivers, pilots etc then it makes perfect sense.

Must agree, it takes weeks to get an appointment here in chatham too. whenever i have been its always full with people nattering away in their native tongue…in fact today i watched a program about romanian gypsies, who came here to milk the system…getting a registration at the doctors wasnt a problem, neither was the benefits…turned out he was getting £420 a week + and working for his master collecting waste metal, whilst signing on…another one had no legs, went about on a skateboard…who on earth let this person in?? let alone give him all the benefits, disability allowance, housing medical care, and his parents too as carers ( another £50 a week ) and as the reporter said theres 200 thousand of them, and thats only one nationality, what about all the others…no wonder our nhs has gone to pot, where is all this money coming from, and why are pensioners not on £420 a week ■■? beggars belief…better stop now cos i`m getting wound up.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to work at tardis they had their own doctor