Truckstop ratings

There was a survey published this week rating the 112 MSA’s, but it got me thinking.

Is there a similar thing done for truckstops. I know that we have the option to vote for the best truckstop each year, but, personally i would much prefer to know which truck stops (including MSA’s) are crap and to be avoided and which are the good ones. As a rule I don’t normally park in any motorway service area unless I have been caught out by traffic and can’t get to me preferred stop.

I have had the dubious honour of using the showers at Chievley tonight, and I can’t think of any other showers that are this bad. When I asked to speak to the duty manager, he told me that they are old and as long as we keep them clean then that’s fine. I asked if they are going to be upgraded/replaced and he just mumbled away to himself. When I mentioned having to pay £23.50 he said “that is with food”. No it’s not.

His final word was complain to the head office then, and he walked away.

So, does anyone know if there is a ratings system and I have missed it, or that there isn’t one?

Heston came last but I would vote Barton Park last equal.

Trip advisor would be a good start for reviewing lorry parks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula Truckstop just out of M53. Best ever for me. There’s basically everything including small cinema and even washing mashines. £14 as long as I remember.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N910F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wheel Nut:
Trip advisor would be a good start for reviewing lorry parks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that’s a good idea, if everybody was to do a trip advisor review on the services facilities.
As large businesses they would not like the truth.

Just been on trip advisor, most of the services are listed, and you can add photos too.

That ‘survey’ reckoned Reading Services were best in country! I nearly laughed myself to death. No Moto services is even remotely close to being best in country. Personally my top 5 would be -

Gloucester North & South
Tebay North & South
Cobham (Even more so when the Nandos opens!)

switchlogic:
That ‘survey’ reckoned Reading Services were best in country! I nearly laughed myself to death. No Moto services is even remotely close to being best in country. Personally my top 5 would be -

Gloucester North & South
Tebay North & South

Agree with the first four, not Cobham though. Parking area no where near big enough to deal with traffic from both sides of the M25.

I think Beaconsfield is good, but showers weren’t up to much last time I was there, which was a while back mind.

I agree with Gloucester and tebay but I don’t know what you see in cobham Luke?
My experience was noisy all night, overcrowded i.e. Trucks parked not in spaces, smelt of ■■■■. Not the worst but putting it in a top 5 along with Gloucester and tebay? I’d say they are a different league

Rowley010:
I agree with Gloucester and tebay but I don’t know what you see in cobham Luke?
My experience was noisy all night, overcrowded i.e. Trucks parked not in spaces, smelt of ■■■■■ Not the worst but putting it in a top 5 along with Gloucester and tebay? I’d say they are a different league

They are in a different league entirely, Cobham is just the best the rest. I like it as its well located with a huge selection of places to eat and like I say when the Nandos opens it’ll be fantastic.

Would imagine the MSA’s were ■■■■ rated. Hartshead Moor (pretty sure anyway) i stopped at when in the UK a few weeks back on route to Halifax was running with it, stunk like a dirty toilet as soon as i got out. ■■■■ rating-10/10…

As Luke said Gloucester is spot on with locally sourced quality food.
If you buy an adult meal, for one pound, you get a kids meal,no requirement to have a sprog present .
Pedestrian tunnel under the motorway, which links the services.
Bread is reduced by 75 per cent off before the shop shuts.
Try the Machiato coffee and toffee yoghurt.

I’d give Corley a 8/10, quite an overpowering aroma on a warm summer’s day.

Asparagus with a hint of ammonia springs to mind.
I was ■■■■■■■ up my own wheel at the time though.

Services should definately do more for those of us with alfresco urinatory habits.

Oh and before anyone starts, yes I do ■■■■ in my own garden and on the driveway. Mainly due to not being allowed to use the downstairs loo since I drilled a glory hole in it. The wife was not impressed…

switchlogic:

Gloucester North & South
Tebay North & South

Totally agree what the Westmorland family have brought to services is fantastic in my view.
Toilets and showers clean,great farm shop and good food,yes its quite expensive but it’s good quality food…
More drivers need to look at the big picture a good hot meat for 8-9 quid is better than 4 sausage rolls and a custard slice for a fiver at greggs…
Drop in to strensham then call it to glouster on your way down the M5 its like a different world

Dipper_Dave:
Oh and before anyone starts, yes I do ■■■■ in my own garden and on the driveway. Mainly due to not being allowed to use the downstairs loo since I drilled a glory hole in it. The wife was not impressed…

:laughing:

I think Cherwell valley is good. Massive area to cater for both north and south bound traffic, and decent enough facilities inside

Chester services has really good coffee.

eagerbeaver:
Chester services has really good coffee.

It’s not bad…but I wouldn’t go out of my way to use it :wink: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.

And the worst?

Anything south of Leicester on the M1 in my opinion is pretty poor. Too small, overcrowded, and they stink.

I think the design of frankly is ■■■■ poor. I’ve only one actually taken a space in there that I could be bothered getting into to take a break. Most of them time I think sod it and carry to Cannock or Stafford or strensham.

yorkshire terrier:

switchlogic:

Gloucester North & South
Tebay North & South

Totally agree what the Westmorland family have brought to services is fantastic in my view.
Toilets and showers clean,great farm shop and good food,yes its quite expensive but it’s good quality food…
More drivers need to look at the big picture a good hot meat for 8-9 quid is better than 4 sausage rolls and a custard slice for a fiver at greggs…
Drop in to strensham then call it to glouster on your way down the M5 its like a different world

4xsausage rolls at Gloucester,is 14 quid

I agree with the popular choices here and I’ll offer up Hopwood for your consideration.

commonrail:

yorkshire terrier:

switchlogic:

Gloucester North & South
Tebay North & South

4xsausage rolls at Gloucester,is 14 quid

Same price as other services charge for Ginsters pasties then. They’re just much better quality at Gloucester