Speeding ticket

Well I have today received a notification of intent to prosecute me for speeding in my car. I was traveling down a dual carriageway at 40 mph in a 30 mph limit. the dual carriageway does indeed go from 40 to 30 for a short stretch, I have held a clean licence for aprox 30 years, so have probably just been lucky. Annoying though to get a speeding ticket in this way, one of those vans parked up that recorded me. I have no excuse but will be contesting it as the sign is pretty difficult to see.

Your probably get offered a speed awareness course once you have sent the paper work back to confirm you were the driver of the vehicle at the time

Eddie will not be pleased.

When i speed, i always expect to be caught, then im happy when im not. Thats the risk you take. Cant speed and then moan about being caught.

That’s a bummer after so many years without a speeding ticket, , I recently bought a dash cam from a Chinese site, the camera is 1080 HD & night vision all the kit for 13 quid delivered :open_mouth: cheap as chips & works a treat. I’ve started to use it because a certain section of the international community near me are still doing crash for cash :smiling_imp:
It would have been a good indication in your case of how clear the signage was too.

trucker10:
Your probably get offered a speed awareness course once you have sent the paper work back to confirm you were the driver of the vehicle at the time

Unless in Scotland as they don’t offer speed awareness courses.[emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:

trucker10:

They did say that in the letter but someone told me it will not be offered to me as I was doing 40 in a 30 and they only allow 3 or 4 mph over the limit? hopefully he is wrong?

UKtramp:

Big Truck:

trucker10:

They did say that in the letter but someone told me it will not be offered to me as I was doing 40 in a 30 and they only allow 3 or 4 mph over the limit? hopefully he is wrong?

48 in 40 A5 just outside Shrewsbury Dec16 and did Speed awarenes course home here in Jan17.

A Band A speeding fine would be appropriate if you are caught speeding between 31-40 in a 30mph zone, and you can expect to receive a fine equivalent to 50% of your weekly income,and 3 penalty points on your driving licence.

50% of your weekly income on stobrats,you ok with being £100 down :smiley:

xichrisxi:
A Band A speeding fine would be appropriate if you are caught speeding between 31-40 in a 30mph zone, and you can expect to receive a fine equivalent to 50% of your weekly income,and 3 penalty points on your driving licence.

That would be preferable to what I earn now yes definitely up for that :smiley:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

That would be preferable to what I earn now yes definitely up for that :smiley:

Eddie will take 3 points

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

UKtramp:

Big Truck:

trucker10:

I was caught doing 39 in a 30 in a lorry the road I was on went from 50 down to 30 they allow up to 42 mph was what a was told when I phoned them up I was offered it

trucker10:

UKtramp:

Big Truck:

trucker10:

I was caught doing 39 in a 30 in a lorry the road I was on went from 50 down to 30 they allow up to 42 mph was what a was told when I phoned them up I was offered it

If I am offered it I will take it, if not, then the wife was driving!

UKtramp:

You sure about that?

theguardian.com/uk/2013/mar … icky-pryce

yourhavingalarf:

UKtramp:

You sure about that?

theguardian.com/uk/2013/mar … icky-pryce

So long as I stay out and she goes in, perfect

trucker10:

From memory, the guidelines were: speed awareness courses were offered for excess speed between 10% +2 and 10% +7 of posted limit. They are on the internet somewhere, probably best to check.

Captain Caveman 76:

trucker10:

From memory, the guidelines were: speed awareness courses were offered for excess speed between 10% +2 and 10% +7 of posted limit. They are on the internet somewhere, probably best to check.

Just checked and according to the website it says in a 30mph limit, you can do between 35 and 42 so I may well strike it lucky,

I was caught doing 40mph in a 30 in a coach just coming out of Patrington into the national speed limit.

I got offered the speed awareness course and ended up at that Freedom centre on preston road.

Listening to them drivel on was boring and they hated it when i told them they was wrong on speed limits for coaches lol

HGV:
Listening to them drivel on was boring and they hated it when i told them they was wrong on speed limits for coaches lol

Try…

Asking them the reason for the removal of 30mph repeater signs.

The truth of ‘it’s a good way to raise revenue’ isn’t the answer they’ll try to fob you off with.

Watching one of those Police Interceptor programs the other night when they set up a camera van,its was 10% plus 2mph.
Cough up the cash and get 3 points or accept an awareness course (if they have one)either way you will need to cough up cash to avoid 3 points.

HGV:
I was caught doing 40mph in a 30 in a coach just coming out of Patrington into the national speed limit.

I got offered the speed awareness course and ended up at that Freedom centre on preston road.

What a place to hold a speeding seminar, Preston road a joy riders paradise