Stobart assement

Well I had my driving assessment today and here are my thoughts on Stobart as I have never worked for them. The drive and assessment was run more like taking a driving test complete with a tricky blind side reverse and normal reverse onto a bay. I thought the outfit looks professional, the kit is as good as I expected. I obviously flew through the assessment and was offered employment starting next Thursday at Appleton. I know people take the ■■■■ of the green army, but for me I thought it looked a viable proposition, money is ok and certainly not minimum wage as I was led to believe. The assessor told me they do have a supply of agency drivers but in order to work for Stobart themselves, they do actually have quite a high standard. So I am wondering if maybe the bad press of Stobart is from the agency side of things as I was actually quite surprised. He told me they get supplied with some right clowns through the agency but they soon get shut. I have myself seen some brilliant reversing manoeuvres performed by Stobart when I worked for Keedwell. So why has Stobart got such a bad press?

Could be you have worked for real crap outfits worse than Stobart,considering some of the previous threads on TNUK about Keedwell that might be the case.

lolipop:
Could be you have worked for real crap outfits worse than Stobart,considering some of the previous threads on TNUK about Keedwell that might be the case.

I have also worked for some good ones too.

UKtramp:
Well I had my driving assessment today and here are my thoughts on Stobart as I have never worked for them. The drive and assessment was run more like taking a driving test complete with a tricky blind side reverse and normal reverse onto a bay. I thought the outfit looks professional, the kit is as good as I expected. I obviously flew through the assessment and was offered employment starting next Thursday at Appleton. I know people take the ■■■■ of the green army, but for me I thought it looked a viable proposition, money is ok and certainly not minimum wage as I was led to believe. The assessor told me they do have a supply of agency drivers but in order to work for Stobart themselves, they do actually have quite a high standard. So I am wondering if maybe the bad press of Stobart is from the agency side of things as I was actually quite surprised. He told me they get supplied with some right clowns through the agency but they soon get shut. I have myself seen some brilliant reversing manoeuvres performed by Stobart when I worked for Keedwell. So why has Stobart got such a bad press?

Did I miss something or what
Last week or so you were raving about muddy farms then your boss done a fantastic deal if you put your fridge overalls back on,
I did didn’t i, i missed something
Well good luck getting any respect off most drivers driving the green machine
Maybe you’re just winding people up, you could come up with some yarns if people thought you worked for them
Or maybe your just another Walter mittey who knows
Anyway good luck if that’s what you want

Makes me laugh…

Stobart’s assessment for me was…

1. Go to Crick and pick up truck and empty trailer - (less than 2 months with CE)
  2. Drive said Truck & Trailer to Bardon (approx 35 miles)
  3. Receive Induction by means of reading a 70 page document on H&S, Loading etc and sign off understood sheet
  4. Go back to Crick to pick up loaded trailer
  5. Travel back up north (70 mile extra driven now) to deliver to two locations and come back empty
  6. Get TOLD by my personal controller on last drop to go to Leeds to do a trailer swap
  7. I explain that I will be close to running out of hours…Don’t worry its only Leeds just 30 miles from last drop
  8. Reluctantly do the task get caught in traffic as expected (rush hour) and head back to drop off at Crick
  9. I knew I run out of time but at least not on tacho as “forgot to put my manual entry”

So yes I went through an agency but the above tells us a little about the outfit and its regardless if I am agency or not.

Good luck if you are going to work for them, I am sure they must have a differing attitude to permanent colleagues and treat others like dog ■■■ and you will get the fancy truck, trailer, uniform and a discount at the A5 truckstop ES cafe!!

UKtramp:

is this for real??

I’m intrigued.

What reversing manoeuvres in particular were so good that stobart do that other drivers from other companies don’t do?

Rowley010:
I’m intrigued.

What reversing manoeuvres in particular were so good that stobart do that other drivers from other companies don’t do?

Some very tight tesco expresses with just enough room to get in, who said that other companies don’t do? your words not mine, I said I have seen some very good Stobart drivers they aren’t all numpty’s as some would believe. Are you still intrigued?

bobbya:

UKtramp:

is this for real??

Sure is bobbya

UKtramp:

Rowley010:
I’m intrigued.

Some very tight tesco expresses with just enough room to get in, who said that other companies don’t do? your words not mine, I said I have seen some very good Stobart drivers they aren’t all numpty’s as some would believe. Are you still intrigued?

Fair enough haha. The way you said it you sounded like the TV program, as in only a stobart driver could do this manoeuvre

Rowley010:

UKtramp:

Rowley010:
I’m intrigued.

Fair enough haha. The way you said it you sounded like the TV program, as in only a stobart driver could do this manoeuvre

No mate, I just have heard about the firm and that all their drivers are useless, just saying in my experience they are not all like that. Not now I am with them anyway :smiley: :smiley:

you are one Richard Cranium

pierrot 14:
you are one Richard Cranium

Why?

You have been fed some bs i spent a year and a half at stobarts and i left because of management.You have been fed some total bull and the stores are not as bad as you think.

My mate started out of crick.
First job was a collection at lutterworth.
Span it round at magna park…and took the truck back.
Too much ■■■■■■■■

Apparently :laughing:

Colin_scottish:
You have been fed some bs i spent a year and a half at stobarts and i left because of management.You have been fed some total bull and the stores are not as bad as you think.

So is the job good in your opinion Collin, I would rather hear it from the horses mouth so as to speak rather than hear say.

I lasted 1 month in Stobarts, that was 3 weeks ago. Pushed to do 12-15hr shifts and told I have to take a reduced rest.

Djdanj89:
I lasted 1 month in Stobarts, that was 3 weeks ago. Pushed to do 12-15hr shifts and told I have to take a reduced rest.

They did mention that some shifts will turn into 15 hr ones but then some will also turn into 9 so if that’s the case I don’t mind

UKtramp:

bobbya:

UKtramp:

is this for real??

Sure is bobbya

I really thought you would be above all this,never mind hope you enjoy it ,good luck.

Djdanj89:

Told you it was crap :wink: