UPS Dewsbury

Hi

Ive tried searching forum and nothing…Anyone have any experience/info with what they are like to work for, on evening/night trunks?

Thanks

Which side?

The parcel side or the logistics?

Ken.

V good to work for,lots of wagon & drag work. Most drivers get in by doing agency work for them first. Pay is v good as well, heard some drivers clearing £3k a month after tax.

If it’s the logistics side I delivered there last week,everywhere I looked they were adverts wanting drivers,gatehouse,office etc,even a banner on the fence facing the bays so drivers tipping could see it.
In my experience that level of advertising is not needed if the job is good

Quinny:
Which side?

Ken.

Advert says evenings/nights feeder driver class 1 & wagon & drag.

UPS Dewsbury are forever advertising which is never a good sign. They also require you to sleep in a wagon 5 nights a week, no thank you!!

Mickey mouse:
UPS Dewsbury are forever advertising which is never a good sign. They also require you to sleep in a wagon 5 nights a week, no thank you!!

Used to do a…

‘Double Derby’ on nights out of Dewsbury. This was in the days of 3 pedals and round discs for tachographs.

The agreement we had with the agency was for 10 hours pay. If you beat the living daylights out of the job, you could get round the whole thing including a break in around 8 hours.

Needless to say they started adding on Heywood for a trailer swap as well to try and get the job back up to ten hours.

I knocked it on the head as soon as that happened.

Swordsy:

Quinny:
Which side?

Ken.

Advert says evenings/nights feeder driver class 1 & wagon & drag.

There is a difference between feeder v line haul.With maybe some exceptions :wink:,feeder runs generally mean hub/airport type work.As opposed to direct depot to depot trunks or change overs ( linehaul ) which was Barking based.While the driver is expected to be involved in the transhipment/sort operation at the hub.At least that’s how it stood at around 2000 when I went.

Also be very surprised if it’s now £3,000 per month take home. :open_mouth: