Why no Scania 7.5 tonner?

Has there ever been one? If not y?

Cos by the time you’d loaded it up with all the tat that a Scabbier driver thinks is essential to daily life ie 16 light bars, 20 metres of frilly curtains, shiny dustbin lids to hide the rusty wheels, the lengths of 6in drain pipe painted silver glued to the back of the cab or even worse running down the length of the chassis etc etc you wouldn’t be able to carry a load!

Beau Nydel:
Cos by the time you’d loaded it up with all the tat that a Scabbier driver thinks is essential to daily life ie 16 light bars, 20 metres of frilly curtains, shiny dustbin lids to hide the rusty wheels, the lengths of 6in drain pipe painted silver glued to the back of the cab or even worse running down the length of the chassis etc etc you wouldn’t be able to carry a load!

And where would they put the V8 badges

Perhaps they think there would be an insufficient market to justify the development cost and of the production facilities …

Because they only build proper trucks

raymundo:
Perhaps they think there would be an insufficient market to justify the development cost and of the production facilities …

^
This
Theres a lot of competition in the puddle jumper market, probably why Scania gives the 7.5t a miss…

To my mind there’s not many Volvo 7.5t’s about either. As said, other makes have the market covered so possibly not worth branching out into it.

Beau Nydel:

Wow, could the jealousy rip out of you any more?

A.

SUPER [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve-o:
Because they only build proper trucks

This ^^^^^^

Adonis.:

Beau Nydel:

A.

LOL, you obviously drive a blinged up Scanny.

ezydriver:

Adonis.:

Beau Nydel:

A.

LOL, you obviously drive a blinged up Scanny.

I wouldn’t drive anything else, I have high standards.

A.

RB84:
To my mind there’s not many Volvo 7.5t’s about either. As said, other makes have the market covered so possibly not worth branching out into it.

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

NB12:

RB84:

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

Yes, and it didn’t last very long. Volvo owns Renault Trucks which does make 7.5-tonners so no need to make them under their own name, especially as they use a lot of the same bits (including the cab shell) on Volvo and Renault light trucks.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

IndigoJo:

NB12:

RB84:

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

Yes, and it didn’t last very long. Volvo owns Renault Trucks which does make 7.5-tonners so no need to make them under their own name, especially as they use a lot of the same bits (including the cab shell) on Volvo and Renault light trucks.

The last and only Volvo 7.5t I drove was a 99 T reg the tunnel was so big the gear stick was only about 6" long

IndigoJo:

NB12:

RB84:

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

You forgot to mention DAF use the cab lol

If you desire a 7.5 ton Scanny why not just downrate a 17 tonner !!! :laughing:

NB12:

RB84:

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

Why would I Think it was Perkins powered ?

DAF never really produced a 7.5t either years ago, don’t remember if the Leyland Roadrunner had a DAF badge, but it wouldn’t really count.
I know there’s the Renault cab version now but not a real DAF in my eyes.

Punchy Dan:

NB12:

RB84:

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

Why would I Think it was Perkins powered ?

fl4-volvo penta
flc-perkins phaser