Do we really have to deal with this?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … stunt.html

"A reveller was run over by an articulated lorry while trying to do an Indiana Jones-style commando roll underneath it during a night out.

The 30-year-old man and three friends decided to roll underneath a lorry which was stationary while queuing at a roundabout in Plymouth, Devon last night.

His friends made it but the lorry moved while he was underneath, crushing his leg.

The unnamed man, who has been drinking, was rushed to hospital just after midnight with a suspected broken femur and injuries to his pelvis.

A police source told the Plymouth Herald : 'It appears the lorry was one of many making deliveries to the Theatre Royal in the early hours.

'The lorry was empty and had driven from the theatre, along the road past the Reel Cinema and down to the zebra crossing and junction.

'It appears that while waiting to join the traffic four young men thought it would be a good idea to roll under the trailer like Indiana Jones.

'Three of them managed it, one did not.

'A wheel rolled over the man’s leg leaving him with a suspected broken femur and potential injuries to his pelvis. The driver was quite shook up but otherwise okay.

'The injuries were very serious and could have been far, far worse.

'We were able to speak to a large number of witnesses and view CCTV which has given us a clear picture of what took place.

'Needless to say, we would urge people that, when they are under the influence of alcohol, something that seems like a really good idea can actually be quite dangerous.

‘Doing a commando roll under a moving articulated lorry is a good example of that.’"

No doubt he might end up on benefits (amputation / injury preventing working?), at OUR expense!!■■? :imp:

Yep, Darwin award candidates everywhere you look, bloody lucky it wasn’t a fully loaded artic tipper which went over him.

Many years ago i had a standard 9/10 car carrier wag n drag car transporter, a number times i had half wits at town junctions walk across the towing frame between the two bodies, one half ■■■■■■ twerp went arse over head over it near Lords cricket ground, the one that really put the wind up me was waiting to turn left onto Princes Way or Road whatever it is main drag out of Manc, there i was watching for traffic etc and felt a movement, two boys negotiating their bikes over the bloody frame, God above knows what would have happened to them if they got caught up as i pulled away and made the turn, fortunately i had a rear window in the lorry so could keep an eye open for unintended suicides.

The later 11+ designs you could leave the top deck down at an angle when empty which effectively blocked the short cut.

You really have to wonder how thick some people are, didn’t they used to lock them up for their own and other’s safety at one time :unamused:

Shame it wasn’t his head under the wheels.

Harrison Ford stars in ’ Indiana Jones and the kingdom of The Crushed Skull '.

eagerbeaver:
Shame it wasn’t his head under the wheels.

Harrison Ford stars in ’ Indiana Jones and the kingdom of The Crushed Skull '.

As opposed to skull, ‘leg’ just wouldnt have the same ring to it… :grimacing:

Another hero here, and absolute tool;

examiner.co.uk/news/watch-ma … y-13765251

mbax81:
Another hero here, and absolute tool;

examiner.co.uk/news/watch-ma … y-13765251

:open_mouth: Stupid isn’t going away anytime soon.

Had this about 5 years ago,delivering to Manchester early morning 4 lads,intoxicated presumably, pratting about in middle of the road I came to a stop as they wouldn’t move then one lay down feet first in the centre of the wagon and started to shout for me to go over him while his mate filmed it thinking the height of my wagon would clear him I assume…I decided against the impromptu circus trick which would of probably ended up with him dead and me facing a manslaughter charge and phoned the police as he wouldn’t shift from laying in front of my wagon,eventually they did clear off after I just sat with the engine off,doors locked and windows up…Police never turned up not at least before I left anyway.

Like Juddian,I had similar when driving a wagon and drag.Just engaging clutch to set off at traffic lights saw man passing pram containing baby to woman over the A frame and air lines.I pointed out that it wasn´t a bright thing to do and was told to Foff.What can you do?

and it serves idiots right when they want to play with their lives…i hope he is in a great deal of pain, loses his job because of his time off, and the social refuse to pay him as it was self induced…i am so happy he came unstuck.

A few years ago i was parked outside a shop making my delivery and a few young lads were showing off in front of some girls, they thought it was “cool” to walk under the trailer between the back of the unit and the landing legs. I told them not to as its dangerous and you can bang your head but they just ignored me until one lad came out with a nice big dollop of fifth wheel grease on his shoulder! All over his nice hoodie! :laughing:

My episode was on the A23 in slow moving traffic coming into Purley. I had noticed this lad on a skateboard on the footpath on the opposite side of the road but didn’t think anything of it until I was just about to set off when he appeared from underneath my trailer(flat floor box trailer when no side guards were required) still on his skateboard, talk about giving me a fright is not in it!