infringements

on Friday 13th oct , I was handed infringements to read and sign , 2 of them . both for insufficient daily rest, the earliest one was for the 6th of june !!! . as it happens I also fill in a daily diary with start/finish times ,and breaks taken. the diary shows I took breaks and the times I took them so it would appear that ive forgotten to change mode on the tacho. the question is , how long can the company wait before they hand me these things ?

Good question i would like to know as well! We had to download our card twice a day at my last place and we would get infringements through within 48 hours, at my current place the Transport Manager does all infringements for all drivers at the end of the month.

That’s an unacceptable length of time. There is no good reason why this can not be processed within a fortnight at most, assuming you are downloading promptly. I wouldn’t accept that situation.

The purpose of an infringement notice is to educate you to what you’ve done wrong so that you can avoid making the same mistake again, so I have to agree that 4 months is too long and unacceptable.

Employed driver question re infringements. Does your co. penalise you in any way for infringements?

tachograph:
The purpose of an infringement notice is to educate you to what you’ve done wrong so that you can avoid making the same mistake again, so I have to agree that 4 months is too long and unacceptable.

my thoughts also

AndrewG:
Employed driver question re infringements. Does your co. penalise you in any way for infringements?

no, there doesn’t appear to be any repercussions ,however after 4 months I think they would be pushing their luck.

It’s too long but on the other hand does it matter? Your just signing it and giving it back to satisfy them that you understand.

Unless they check your signature, do what the Nodding Donkey does, and sign as HRH the Prince of Wales.

AndrewG:

We get a £5 per day bonus which the boss will take away for a length of time if you have a bump and it’s your fault or you have numerous infringements in a certain period.

Not much I know, £20 a week after tax.?

Surely its only for your company to prove there compliance, and they have told you that you have been naughty.

4 months is too long though imo, it should be about education not such “sign here type” exercises

i believe the companies only get you to sign for these as a way of compliance, this lets them off the hook, as they have done what is asked of them and put onus on the drivers. At my last firm we even had to sign if we went over the permitted 56 mph, listed as an overspeed…even though we were allowed by law to do 60mph…crazy rules i think.