Mini Roundabouts

ROG:

truckyboy:
Must agree with most on this post, but in the scenario ROG pointed out, i cant see how the person on the roundabout can take any blame, for the highway code surely states one must give way to vehicles already on the roundabout, so if mr clever cloggs on the motorbike approaches a roundabout, there is a sign he has ignored which states, give way, roundabout ahead, and therefore must give way to vehicles already on it, be it a car or a an artic.

If that was the case then many LGV tests must be examined incorrectly !!!

Apparently Yes if examiners are unable to understand simple rules as you are stating is the case and I am with the others on this one I’m afraid Rog.

A Yield sign means I must yield to traffic on the carriageway at the other side of the Yield sign which is the roundabout in this instance as they have right of way. It does not ask me to Yield to traffic on other adjacent carriageways (other approach roads) as they are not on the carriageway controlled by my Yield sign.

As Rowley and others pointed out some of the people driving straight through probably feel certain bully rights as they can complete the manouver at a much higher speed than the guy turning 90° or more but they are breaking the law.

It is an absolute fail for them to pass their Yield sign at a speed that looses safe stopping distance or requires extreme manoeuvres to avoid slower traffic already on or entering the roundabout before them.

Though I have right of way to enter the roundabout I now observe a total ■■■ approaching at high speed on an adjacent approach road. My right of way does not give me the absolute right to proceed if it will result in a recognisableably unsafe situation.
The other ■■■ will certainly fail his test but so will I if I place my right of way higher than safe driving and good judgement resulting in an unsafe condition just because the other ■■■ did not Yield sufficiently.

The situation and principle being tested here has nothing to do with the Yield to traffic on your right rule whatsoever but is about better judgement and safe driving I reckon.

In reality and not on test I’m thinking twice in my car but I’m with Rowley and the Captain in the truck and hopefully the ■■■ gets a few flat spots or other skid marks to think about next time. :smiley: